- Northern Portugal day trip from Porto to Guimarães and Braga
- See Guimarães' UNESCO World Heritage-listed historical center and the Dukes of Braganza Palace
- Sample local delicacies during lunch in Guimarães (included)
- Tour the Bom Jesus sanctuary in Tenões
- Drive through Braga's historic center, the oldest Christian city in Portugal and one of the oldest in the world
- Walk around Braga's city center with your local guide
Enjoy a two-course lunch of fish or meat in a local restaurant before continuing to Braga, founded by the Romans as Bracara Augusta and known today as the City of Archbishops for its many religious monuments.
At Sameiro Sanctuary, see the domed church of Our Lady of Sameiro, followed by a visit to Bom Jesus do Monte sanctuary in Tenões. Here, walk up a crisscrossing Baroque stairway to reach the hilltop pilgrimage church, where you can admire panoramic views over Braga.
Then take a drive through Braga's historic center, where Portugal’s oldest Christian city was born. See the city's Roman ruins, Baroque fountains, grand religious buildings and palaces, and numerous churches and towers before returning to Porto.
Reviewed by Celia B, April 2013
My husband and I truly enjoyed our tour. Maria, our pleasant guide, demonstrated considerable knowledge about the history of these wonderful cities. The van was comfortable and the people in our group got along very well, making this experience even more delightful.
Reviewed by Venita R, February 2013
My husband and I had a great time on the tour. We didn't feel rushed at all, but at the same time there was enough activities to keep us busy and interested. Our tour guide, Maria was very informative. Tour was as described.