- Northern Portugal day trip from Porto to Guimarães and Braga
- See Guimarães' UNESCO World Heritage-listed historical center and the Dukes of Braganza Palace
- Sample local delicacies during lunch in Guimarães (included)
- Tour the Bom Jesus sanctuary in Tenões
- Drive through Braga's historic center, the oldest Christian city in Portugal and one of the oldest in the world
- Walk around Braga's city center with your local guide
What You Can Expect
Enjoy a two-course lunch of fish or meat in a local restaurant before continuing to Braga, founded by the Romans as Bracara Augusta and known today as the City of Archbishops for its many religious monuments.
At Sameiro Sanctuary, see the domed church of Our Lady of Sameiro, followed by a visit to Bom Jesus do Monte sanctuary in Tenões. Here, walk up a crisscrossing Baroque stairway to reach the hilltop pilgrimage church, where you can admire panoramic views over Braga.
Then take a drive through Braga's historic center, where Portugal’s oldest Christian city was born. See the city's Roman ruins, Baroque fountains, grand religious buildings and palaces, and numerous churches and towers before returning to Porto.
Great tour! A very intelligent solution for seeing the most important nearby sites in 1 day as well as customized for a small group of people (7-8) in a mini-van. No stress, no rush, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I had a pleasure to have the same guide, Paula Marinho, who led also the previous day tour to Fatima and Coimbra. She was just excellent: very professional, friendly, multi-lingual (she led the tour in 2 languages: English and Portuguese, driving the van at the same time and guiding us through the sites). Both Braga 6 Guimaraes are beautiful cities reach of history and amazing sites. And, of course the local cuisine was also very delicioesWill definitely recommend the tours and the companies to friends.
The sights were fabulous and the guide was simly amazing. I enjoyed every minute of it. They provided a delicious original portuguese lunch as well.