- Night sightseeing tour and Fado performance in Porto
- Tour Porto's illuminated sights on board an air-conditioned coach
- Take a scenic drive along Porto's famous avenues and the Ribeirinha port area
- Learn about the sights you see from your guide's onboard commentary
- Enjoy a traditional 3-course Portuguese dinner and drinks
- Listen to a two-hour performance of the music of Fado
What You Can Expect
Porto is renowned for its historic churches, and you’ll see them in a different light on this nighttime tour. Admire the lit-up bell tower of Clérigos Church, one of Porto’s signature landmarks, its Baroque scrolls and campanile visible across the city. You’ll also drive past the Romanesque architecture of Porto’s cathedral, one of the city’s oldest buildings and flanked by two square towers.
See more recent landmarks like the grand São Bento train station – visit during the day to admire its blue-and-white azulejo tile panels depicting scenes from Portugal’s past. You’ll also take a drive through Porto’s scenic Ribeirinha, a port area known for its restaurants, nightlife and views of the city’s lamplit bridges and riverside.
Continue your Porto night out with dinner in the intimate surroundings of a typical Portuguese restaurant, O Fado, with tiled walls and soft lantern lighting. You’ll be served a traditional meal consisting of a starter, meat or fish main course, and dessert, accompanied by wine, beer or juice.
While dining, sit back and relax as the poignant songs of Portuguese Fado wash over you. The two-hour Fado show introduces you to Portugal’s unforgettably moving music, sung by a soloist (the fadista) and accompanied by classical acoustic guitar. Like folk music paired with the blues, Fado’s lyrics speak of homesick sailors and lovelorn couples – no wonder this music form has been added to UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage List.