- 3.5-hour Porto walking tour, led by an expert local guide
- See top Porto attractions in the city’s UNESCO World Heritage-listed historic center
- Learn about Porto’s Roman roots and hear about the Moorish and Castilian invasions
- Pose for photos in front of Porto Cathedral and then stroll along Aliados Avenue to see the monument to King Peter IV
- Admire the eye-catching Ponte de Dom Luis I – Porto’s iconic iron bridge
What You Can Expect
Hear how it originated as an outpost of the Roman Empire, growing to survive Moorish and Castilian invasions, before being largely destroyed by the French in the 19th century. See influences left by its different rulers as you walk around, admiring beautiful old palaces and Baroque churches.
See Porto Cathedral in all its Romanesque glory, and walk past the Church of Santa Clara – a gorgeous Baroque gem. Stroll along Aliados Avenue to see a monument to King Peter IV – a monarch held in high regard in Porto -- and soak up the bustling ambiance of Liberdade Square.
Alongside Porto’s historical sites, see some of the city’s more modern attractions like Ponte de Dom Luis I – a double-decker iron bridge that was engineered by an apprentice of Gustave Eiffel. Admire the classic Rabelo boats (flat-bottomed cargo vessels) lined up along the quay, and then walk past the Port cellars where the city’s famous fortified wine is aged and bottled.
After 3.5 hours of walking around town, continue on your own from Teixeira Square, where your tour finishes.
Our guide was excellent!!!! Great walking tour. Great way to experience the city.
The two young tour guides were remarkable. They were knowledgeable and very sweet. They took y family to non-touristy places and told us where to buy certain goods. The views and places were amazing and I would love to tour with them again!