- Northern Portugal day trip from Porto to Guimarães and Braga
- See Guimarães' UNESCO World Heritage-listed historical center and the Dukes of Braganza Palace
- Sample local delicacies during lunch in Guimarães (included)
- Tour the Bom Jesus sanctuary in Tenões
- Drive through Braga's historic center, the oldest Christian city in Portugal and one of the oldest in the world
- Walk around Braga's city center with your local guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Jardins surpresaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Braga do altoPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Jardineiras perfeitasPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Sentar na rua cercado por ...Photo by: Maria Ilydia N
- GuimarãesPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Jardim em GuimarãesPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Jardins perfeitosPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- BragaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- Bom Jesus De BragaPhoto by: Raelene W
- ChurchPhoto by: Krishan S
United Kingdom, 07 2015
What You Can Expect
Great experience! The guides were incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. Wonderful way to experience a beautiful part of the world.
Great guide, incredible sights, excellent lunch.
Had a great experience. Tour didn't feel rushed. Had a small group which made me feel more comfortable during the duration. Would definitely recommend to travelers heading to Portugal!
The Guimaraes and Braga tour was excellent. Joan sorry, if my spelling is wrong was the best guide I have ever met. And I have to say that Portugal was the 20th country I visited, so I have a great experience in many kinds of tours, I know what I am saying. Joan was really the best. A lot of very interesting information, great attitude, assistance and charming smile - all of this we got from him. It was so easy to listen to him, not boring at all. Joan has a deep knowledge of Portugal history and culture and answered all my questions. After this amazing tour, after seeing these wonderful towns with their churches, old charming buildings, narrow and cozy streets and beautiful fields and green hills, that Joan showed to us, we fell in love with Portugal. And one more moment: it was rainy day, and Joan bought and gave umbrellas to all women in our group!
Joan, thank you very much! I cannot find words to describe how happy we were to have this tour and to meet so wonderful guide.
This small group tour limited to 8 tourists in a van with Living Tours is a MUST for everyone visiting northern Portugal. Braga with the church of our Lady of Sameiro with its gorgeous views and the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus with its baroque terraced stairway and statues, and the town of Guimaraes with the castle, palace, and quaint square are breathtaking. Lunch was delicious! Our guide Tiago was excellent- a very responsible and safe driver, very informative and polite - thanks to him our our trip really enjoyable! The best trip in northern Portugal!
Superb tour of both cities and definately worth visiting. The guide was excellent and knows the history of both cities very well and was able to share it with interesting stories.
Had a fabulous day trip to Guimaraes and Braga, with
a great guide, Joa. Guimaraes was having the
1st day of a yearly festival, so we experienced a medieval
Theatre treat - everyone in costumes and lots
of medieval scenarios. Both Guimaraes and Braga
should be on everyone's Portugal to do list, with Braga's Cathedral
a real bonus too. Viator provided lunch was delicious-
a great day and experience in all.
We had such a great time on this tour, Yorick, our guide was FANTASTIC. Small group, GREAT lunch and beautiful sights. Yorick worked hard translation in 3 languages and did a great job. I had been before by car but Living tours is the way to go, no parking miles away, no waiting for lunch, can not recommend it highly enough. Arrived to pick us up on time, arrived a little later than originally set but this was because Yorick gave us all enough time to see, shop and take pictures and made sure everyone was satisfied before heading to the next destination. This is a beautiful part of Portugal with so much history, well worth seeing it with Living Tours.
Beautiful cities and churches. Guide Joana was very helpful.