- Savor a 6-course dinner at Prague’s acclaimed Svatá Klára restaurant, set in a natural cave
- Dine in a magical cavern setting, with bare rock walls illuminated by candlelight
- Enjoy the Svatá Klára gourmet tasting menu, showcasing the chef’s finest creations
- Treat your palate to dishes such as duck liver parfait, roasted pigeon and pork cheek
- Choose from the world-class wine list (own expense) with recommendations from the sommelier (wine steward)
- Feel the history of the cavern, first used as a wine cellar in early medieval times
What You Can Expect
The restaurant serves acclaimed Czech cuisine in a refined and romantic setting. Descend into the cavern and be met by 10 antique tables nestled within the rock walls and arches, all adorned with period paintings, Baroque statues and Persian carpets. Candlelight, soft music and a warming fireplace in winter add to the intimate atmosphere, as does the professional, unobtrusive service.
Make your own way to the restaurant and head inside. As you’re shown to your table, take in the magical surroundings and make your choice from the excellent wine list of Czech and international wines (own expense) with advice from the sommelier, or choose any other drinks you wish (own expense).
Your dinner consists of the gourmet tasting menu: six delicious tasting courses showcasing the chef’s finest creations, from amuse-bouches (small appetizers) to meat courses and desserts. Please see the Itinerary for a sample menu.
As you enjoy the array of dishes and flavors, soak up the sophisticated, ancient surroundings — the sense of history and elegance here make it ideal for a birthday or other special occasion.
After your meal, perhaps linger a while with a drink (own expense) before making your way back to your hotel.
- Selection of amuse-bouches
- Duck liver parfait with cranberries and roasted pine
- Creamed pumpkin soup with seared scallops
- Roasted pigeon breast with chestnut purée
- Pork cheek with garlic potato purée
- Chocolate mousse with cherry sauce and homemade almond wafer