- 3-hour private walking tour in central Prague
- Follow your private guide down medieval back roads and to top locations like Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square
- See major attractions, including Charles Bridge and the Astronomical Clock
- Learn about Prague’s long and turbulent history and hear stories of its heroes and villians
- Admire views of Prague Castle across the Vltava River
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide past sculptures and monuments, making your way to Wenceslas Square, one of the city’s main squares and the historic center of the country’s 20th-century fight against communism and fascism. As you stand amid the city bustle of the square, hear about Czechs who fought for their country’s freedom.
Continue through the heart of the city, passing the Estates Theatre, where Mozart delighted theater-goers in 1787 with the premier of his opera Don Giovanni, and Charles University, founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in Europe. Head to Old Town Square, where you’ll admire its candy-colored buildings, fairytale-like churches with ornate architecture and Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock, which dates back to the early 1400s.
Next, if you want take a break at a local cafe for a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of Czech beer (own expense)! When you’ve refueled, continue your walking tour to the city’s old Jewish quarter, where you’ll learn about the nearly 12 centuries of history of Jewish people in Prague. See the Old Jewish Cemetery, which was in use from the 15th century, and the Old New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in Europe.
Finish your tour with a walk to the riverfront, where you’ll stand on the edge of the Vltava and enjoy a wonderful view of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, two of the city’s most famous sights.