- 3-hour walking tour in central Prague
- Walk to Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square
- See top attractions like the Charles Bridge and the Astronomical Clock
- Learn about Prague’s long and turbulent history from your knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea or glass of Czech beer (included)
- Admire views of Prague Castle across the Vltava River
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Follow your guide past sculptures and monuments, making your way to Wenceslas Square, one of the city’s main squares and the historic center of the country’s 20th-century battle against communism and fascism. As you stand amid the city bustle of the square, hear about the Czechs who fought for freedom for their country.
Continue through the heart of the city, passing the Estates Theatre, where Mozart dazzled in 1787 with the premiere of his opera Don Giovanni, and Charles University, which was founded in 1348, making it one of the oldest universities in Europe. Head to Old Town Square, where you’ll admire its candy-colored buildings, fairytale-like churches with ornate architecture and Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock, which dates back to the early 1400s.
Next, take a break at a local cafe for a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of Czech beer. When you’ve refueled, continue your walking tour to the city’s old Jewish quarter, where you’ll learn about the nearly 12 centuries of history of Jewish people in Prague. See the Old Jewish Cemetery, which was in use from the 15th century, and the Old New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in Europe.
Finish your tour with a walk to the riverfront, where you’ll stand on the edge of the Vltava and enjoy a wonderful view of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge, two of the city’s most famous sights.
This was a great tour, provided by a young and passionate guide (Mike), in a perfect English. The group was small (7), the pace well balanced, and the information provided complete and interesting , integrated by material displayed on a tablet.
This was one of the best tours we did on our vacation. Guide was very knowledgeable.