- Visit Terezin, one the largest concentration camps in the Czech Republic
- Take a fully narrated tour with an expert guide
- Explore the Terezin Memorial -- the only institution of its kind in the Czech Republic
- Retrace the story of Jewish prisoners during Nazi rule in World War II
Recent Photos of This Tour
- a moving experience for ...Photo by: Richard N
Australia, 07 2015
- the Jewish memorial at ...Photo by: Richard N
Australia, 07 2015
- Verblijfsruimte.Photo by: AWM v
- Terezin Memorial GardenPhoto by: akjordan
- Jewish GhettoPhoto by: mzimmerman
- Unthinkable torturePhoto by: mzimmerman
- Terezin CrematoryPhoto by: mzimmerman
- De ingang van het kleine fordPhoto by: Marleen C
- Het museum in het grote fordPhoto by: Marleen C
- Not an escape tunnell .....Photo by: Kim R
- TierzenPhoto by: Kim R
- poétePhoto by: bruno b
- dortoirPhoto by: bruno b
- le cimetièrePhoto by: bruno b
- mémorialPhoto by: bruno b
- térézinPhoto by: bruno b
- GhettoPhoto by: Malcolm S
- View from Yellow KioskPhoto by: Malcolm S
- View of the entrance.Photo by: Ramiro Julio Z
- View of two cells.Photo by: Ramiro Julio Z
What You Can Expect
Overall it was a well organized and informative experience. My husband and I were impressed with the friendliness and knowledge of the staff, both our general tour guide as well as our tour guide within Terezin itself. We feel it was a well worth it, extremely sobering experience and highly recommend this tour.
A moving experience and a must see. We did not get to visit the crematorium on this trip because there was a special state visit on this day but still a good value. English speaking guides very good.
The guide on the bus out to Terezin was excellent, with a good command of the history. His English was also quite good. At Terezin, our local guide, a young woman, also did an excellent job of profiling the history of the fortress and its use as a collection point for World War II Nazi political and genocide purposes. Very informative and very moving. You could tell that the guide, a Czech national, was very invested in this particular chapter of her country's long and troubled history. We would definitely recommend this tour to those who want to better understand what the Nazis were all about from 1933-45, and the impact they had on then Czechoslovakia, as well as the rest of Europe.
The guides were able to handle this sensitive and very sad subject in a comprehensive and respectful manner.
Fantastic trip. Great information given by Helen on way to Terezin. Tour in the Camp was very interesting and humbling and the guide was fantastic, I would recommend it to everyone. Anne and Dave from Dubin
This tour was well worth the time. A sobering experience, but an important one. Drive was not too long, and the tour was the right length of time.
professional, friendly, very informative, on time
Going to Terezin is probably going to be something that sticks with me for years. It wasn't an enjoyable tour per se, coming to physically see the conditions the prisoners had to live in and get an experience on what life was like in camps like this was a real eye-opener and quite difficult to stomach I found the crematory particularly saddening.
We had two guides along the tour. The first, a lady whose name I cannot remember, gave us bits and pieces of information as we made our way to the camp by coach. Though her English was far from fluent, it was still understandable and highly interesting.
Our second guide, I believe her name was Denisa, who showed us around the small fortress was phenomenal. Her passion, knowledge and interest were extremely clear to see. She's exactly what you want in a guide.
After the small fortress tour, we went back over to the big fortress and to the museum which I felt was a little disappointing, but nonetheless it was still a highly interesting trip and one I'd recommend to anyone coming to the Czech Republic.
Everybody should take this tour and stop complaining about little things in their life.....and enjoy what they have.....
It was a very somber and moving experience. Well worth the trip.