For a fun way for the entire family to enjoy the breathtaking, once in a lifetime experience of an up close and personal dolphin encounter, book Ocean World's Dolphin Encounter Interaction Program! This program is suitable for all ages and offers guests the opportunity to touch, kiss, hug and dance with these beautiful mammals!
- Encounter with dolphins
- Up-close opportunity to touch, feed and play with the animals
- Snorkeling adventure
- Professional trainers
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
This interactive program enables participants to stand comfortably on a platform, approximately three feet below the water, and experience the magic of the dolphin world.
Although not a swim program, the Dolphin Encounter offers an up-close-and-personal opportunity for guests of all ages to meet these incredible mammals in the safety and comfort of waist deep water.
While professional animal trainers supervise, guests and dolphins will share kisses, hugs, and 'dances.' Participants have the chance to touch the dolphin's smooth, rubbery skin and feed their new people-loving friends some fishy treats, all while posing for some once in a lifetime photos!
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
Park Schedule (subject to change)
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
Reviewed by Manuel U, September 2012
To be honest I gave 5 stars to the Dolphin (Chico from cuba). I would give to the trainer 3 stars because the intructions were not clear before the encounter with the Dolphin and they can be misleading to do something confusing. I was the first to be called to participate of a group of 4. I was seated across the trainer with a pool and the Dolphin in the middle. The trainer just called me and asked me to join him. He did not explain if the pool was deep or shallow, if I had to swim next to him or to walk around the pool. During the confusion, I jumped in the pool and I found out it was very deep. After making attempts to go back to my previous place, I decided that it was better to swim across the pool. I was a little worried about how the Dolphin would behave having me there inside the pool with him. I would highly recommend to the trainer to tell the people with clear words " stand up, walk around the pood and seat next to me". Those simple words would simplify and enrich the experience. Clear communication is very important!
Reviewed by dale d, January 2011
Dolphins are well cared for and extremely friendly, funny mammals. My wife and I were very impressed with our encounter.