Get the most out of your visit to Ocean World in Puerto Plata with the full combination program! By combining the shark, stingray and dolphin programs, you have the unique chance to experience both the excitement that dolphins ignite, and the fear that sharks are so often associated with! Book now!
- Encounter with dolphins, stingrays and sharks
- Up-close opportunity to touch, feed and play with the animals
- Snorkeling adventure
- Professional trainers
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
What You Can Expect
Although not a swim program, the dolphin encounter offers an up-close-and-personal opportunity for guests of all ages to meet these incredible mammals in the safety and comfort of waist deep water. While professional trainers supervise, guests and dolphins will interact in a safe environment. Participants have the chance to touch the dolphin's smooth skin and feed their new friends some fishy treats!
Next, you'll enter a warm sandy pool where a dozen or more gentle stingrays sweep the bottom with their velvety wings. Glide across the surface of the pool with a mask and snorkel, and touch the backs of these beautiful, friendly sea creatures. Because these gentle creatures no longer have their powerful stingers, you're perfectly safe to swim and enjoy the sensation of them moving around you.
Of all marine creatures, none is more fearsome or more fascinating than the shark! Ocean World is the only marine encounter park in the world to offer guests the chance to hold, touch and explore the deep sea secrets of the nurse shark. Under the careful supervision of trained staff members, participants will hold, feed and ultimately swim with a small school of adult nurse sharks. These magnificent creatures will amaze you with their sandpapery skin, their fearsome teeth and their relaxed attitude towards human visitors, giving you an understanding and an appreciation of this beautiful and awe-inspiring creature that very few people will ever share! This is truly the adventure of a lifetime and a rare opportunity to meet nature on its own breathtaking terms.
Admission is included when you book this interaction program.
Park Schedule (subject to change):
- 9:30am - 5:30pm: Caribbean Snorkel Reef, and the Love Bird Encounter Tropical Bird Sanctuary, all run continually throughout the day
- 9:30am: Stingray Encounter; Sea Lion Encounter
- 10:00am: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 11:00am: Sea Lion Show; Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 11:30am: Sea Lion Encounter
- 12:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 12:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 1:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
- 1:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 2:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 2:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 3:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Sea Lion Show
- 3:30pm: Sea Lion Encounter
- 4:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter; Stingray Encounter
- 4:30pm: Shark Feeding Show and Encounter
- 5:00pm: Dolphin Swim and Encounter
It was amazing!!! Very good excursion to do!