- Discover Sun Island and Lake Titicaca on an overnight boat cruise
- Learn about the fascinating history and culture of the Inca civilization at a local museum
- Visit ancient Inca ruins, including Chincana and Pilko Kaina
- Enjoy overnight accommodation on a comfortable catamaran on Lake Titicaca
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees, and meals included
What You Can Expect
After morning pickup from your Puno hotel, enjoy the drive to Copacabana and set sail on Lake Titicaca. Enjoy gorgeous views of the lake as you make your way to Sun Island, the lake’ s largest island and home to over 180 Inca ruins. Upon arrival to the small island town of Challapampa, head over to a local museum to discover the Inca culture.
See artifacts and unique exhibits displaying the rich history and culture of the Inca civilization. Then, visit the Inca site Chincana, a labyrinth of stone once used to store food. Nearby, see the Sacred Rock, where it's believed that mankind was created for the second time after the area’s great flood. At the end of the day, watch an authentic Kallawaya Andean ceremony. After dinner on the catamaran, the rest of the night is yours to enjoy on the boat. You'll feel at home on the docked boat as you enjoy a good night's rest in a double-bed room with a private bathroom.
Day 2: (B,L)
Begin your second day with breakfast on board the boat before heading to the Inca ruins of Pilko Kaina, located on the southern end of Sun Island. Then, visit the cultural complex of Inti Wata, where you'll see pre-Inca agricultural terraces and native high-plateau plants and animals including llamas, alpacas and guanacos. After touring Inti Wata, boat back to Copacabana, where you’ll board the coach back to Puno.