- Morning tour of La Romana boutique cigar factory La Flor Dominicana from Punta Cana
- See the skill that goes into handcrafting each cigar throughout the process
- Gain insight about the tobacco blends that make the cigars unique
- Learn about the history of the plantation and the cigar industry
- Have time to look around the showroom and shop for cigars to bring home
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
After your guide picks you up at your Punta Cana hotel, head approximately one hour by car to La Flor Dominicana’s factory and showroom, a large airy building set among lush greenery located in La Romana. Your friendly and informative guide takes you through the whole process of cigar production – from selecting the right leaves, to drying and fermenting them, to rolling and packing the finished cigars. Watch as skilled workers make the cigars at each step. You may even have a chance to try rolling one!
After seeing the production process, check out the showroom and learn about the different blends of tobacco that make each line of cigars distinctive. One of the master cigar makers may be on hand to discuss his work with you and may even solicit your opinion about some of their products.
Before your guide returns you to your hotel, have time to shop for some of the world’s best cigars to take home with you.