- Half-day stick-shift dune buggy adventure from Punta Cana
- Drive the buggy on paved roads, beaches and across farmland and plantations
- Enjoy an authentic Dominican coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop off, snacks and drinks included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_3509Photo by: Brenda H
- In our dune buggys in Punta ...Photo by: Brenda H
- Byam Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Kathryn S
- DrivingPhoto by: Glen H
- Leaving Macao BeachPhoto by: Gary F
- Outdoor kitchen in a typical ...Photo by: John K
- Standard Shift BuggiesPhoto by: Stephanie W
- OUR DUNE BUGGY ADVENTUREPhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Driving the highwayPhoto by: Kelly E
- Leaving the beachPhoto by: Kelly E
- Coming out of the quarryPhoto by: Kelly E
- Topping the hill to the beach!Photo by: Jamie M
- xtreme buggy 159Photo by: David H
- New ImagePhoto by: Deborah G
- IMG_0309Photo by: Deborah G
- Our GroupPhoto by: Bryn H
- Splash!Photo by: Bryn H
- IMG_3513Photo by: Brenda H
- IMG_3469Photo by: Brenda H
What You Can Expect
The adventure starts as you head out into the Dominican countryside, passing colorful Caribbean houses along the way. Your first stop will be for a real Dominican coffee, ensuring your energy level is high for the rest of your drive!
Following the nature path and passing by palm trees and banana plantations, you'll reach an authentic limestone mine. Driving back on a paved road to the villages of La Caiba and Macao, you'll make a stop at a local colmado (grocery store), where you can join local people from the countryside doing their daily shopping. Enjoy snacks and drinks at the colmado then head over to Macao Beach, one of the last natural beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Drive along the white sand and enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If there's time, you'll stop for a quick dip in the ocean before returning back to Punta Cana!
Please note: dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift. No training is available and drivers must know how to drive a manual transmission.
Really enjoyed the Dune Buggy Ride. Tour Guide was great...saw lots of back roads of the DR, a beautiful beach, snacked in town...places we would not have seen without the guide. The Dune Buggy riding itself...too much fun. Highly recommend.
This is the first time I ever felt obligated to take the time and write a review. This was the BEST adventure excursion I ever had. Certainly worth every penny and this will be the best memory of your vacation! Charlie was fantastic and passionate about safety, having fun and his buggies. Magic7
Bonita F Canada
this trip was great! Charlie was an excellent guide and I loved seeing how people in Punta Cana live.
Although the weather was very wet, unusual for whole day in the Dominican Republic, this did not spoil the experience. Charlie is passionate about his buggies and the island and safety is paramount. This did not detract from the overall experience, just offered more reassurance that we would be safe. We had a fantastic day and had more fun than others we spoke to who had been on the average buggy days that just used quads instead of buggies like Charlie's. We saw and learnt things we are sure we would never of experienced on a run of the mill tour. Would recommend the DVDs photos of your trip that give you action shots that keep the memories on disc for a long time. Well worth the money. Highly recommended.
we had a great time. we would highly suggest this adventure
Corlis H USA
BIG FUN !!!
If it had rained before make sure that you cover up, because you will be driving through ALL of the mud holes.
What a great, real life experience. Charlie was great and we would do this again in a second. Safe, affordable and as advertised. Do this trip! We did it October 2015.
Chris L United States of ...
This excursion by far was the best one we took in Punta Cana. Charlie was an awesome guide. We got to see the real Dominican off the resort. The Playa de Maceo beach was unbelievable beautiful. We will definitely be back. Next time we will book a 2 or 6 day excursion with Charlie!!
This was an outstanding excursion. Charlie was the best. A must do tour.
Excellent trip with Charlie leading us! We got lucky and it rained the night before we went, so plenty of water splashed up on us and we threw away our shirts after the adventure. It's worth every bit of it.