- Half-day stick-shift dune buggy adventure from Punta Cana
- Drive the buggy on paved roads, beaches and across farmland and plantations
- Enjoy an authentic Dominican coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop off, snacks and drinks included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_3509Photo by: Brenda H
- In our dune buggys in Punta ...Photo by: Brenda H
- Byam Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Kathryn S
- DrivingPhoto by: Glen H
- Leaving Macao BeachPhoto by: Gary F
- Outdoor kitchen in a typical ...Photo by: John K
- Standard Shift BuggiesPhoto by: Stephanie W
- OUR DUNE BUGGY ADVENTUREPhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Driving the highwayPhoto by: Kelly E
- Leaving the beachPhoto by: Kelly E
- Coming out of the quarryPhoto by: Kelly E
- Topping the hill to the beach!Photo by: Jamie M
- xtreme buggy 159Photo by: David H
- New ImagePhoto by: Deborah G
- IMG_0309Photo by: Deborah G
- Our GroupPhoto by: Bryn H
- Splash!Photo by: Bryn H
- IMG_3513Photo by: Brenda H
- IMG_3469Photo by: Brenda H
What You Can Expect
The adventure starts as you head out into the Dominican countryside, passing colorful Caribbean houses along the way. Your first stop will be for a real Dominican coffee, ensuring your energy level is high for the rest of your drive!
Following the nature path and passing by palm trees and banana plantations, you'll reach an authentic limestone mine. Driving back on a paved road to the villages of La Caiba and Macao, you'll make a stop at a local colmado (grocery store), where you can join local people from the countryside doing their daily shopping. Enjoy snacks and drinks at the colmado then head over to Macao Beach, one of the last natural beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Drive along the white sand and enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and ocean. If there's time, you'll stop for a quick dip in the ocean before returning back to Punta Cana!
we had a great time. we would highly suggest this adventure
BIG FUN !!!
If it had rained before make sure that you cover up, because you will be driving through ALL of the mud holes.
What a great, real life experience. Charlie was great and we would do this again in a second. Safe, affordable and as advertised. Do this trip! We did it October 2015.
United States of America
This excursion by far was the best one we took in Punta Cana. Charlie was an awesome guide. We got to see the real Dominican off the resort. The Playa de Maceo beach was unbelievable beautiful. We will definitely be back. Next time we will book a 2 or 6 day excursion with Charlie!!
This was an outstanding excursion. Charlie was the best. A must do tour.
Excellent trip with Charlie leading us! We got lucky and it rained the night before we went, so plenty of water splashed up on us and we threw away our shirts after the adventure. It's worth every bit of it.
I highly recommend this tour compared to any other local buggies tours. With these you can actually drive fast and not feel like you are part of a convoy our group was only 4 buggies. The tour of the local Punta Cana was great and the whole experience was wonderful.
One of the highlights of my trip to DR! The tour offers something completely different and has such a nice personal touch to it. Charlie was great and his knowledge of the area was impressive. Don't wear nice clothes and make sure you can drive stick! All in all really great fun.
The dune buggy tour was absolutely amazing! We learned things about the Dominican that we never knew and we got to tour a lot of different areas! Would definitely recommend doing this if you plan on visiting the Dominican Republic!! Had a blast!!!
This was a fun and educational trip. We saw the real DR not just the tourist spots. The folks running the tour are very nice and know where they are going. I would recommend this to anyone.