- Half-day stick-shift dune buggy adventure from Punta Cana
- Drive the buggy on paved roads, beaches and across farmland and plantations
- Enjoy an authentic Dominican coffee
- Hotel pickup and drop off, snacks and drinks included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- IMG_3509Photo by: Brenda H
- In our dune buggys in Punta ...Photo by: Brenda H
- Byam Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Kathryn S
- DrivingPhoto by: Glen H
- Leaving Macao BeachPhoto by: Gary F
- Outdoor kitchen in a typical ...Photo by: John K
- Standard Shift BuggiesPhoto by: Stephanie W
- OUR DUNE BUGGY ADVENTUREPhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Dune Buggy AdventurePhoto by: Jacquelyne Anne W
Spain, 03 2014
- Driving the highwayPhoto by: Kelly E
- Leaving the beachPhoto by: Kelly E
- Coming out of the quarryPhoto by: Kelly E
- Topping the hill to the beach!Photo by: Jamie M
- xtreme buggy 159Photo by: David H
- New ImagePhoto by: Deborah G
- IMG_0309Photo by: Deborah G
- Our GroupPhoto by: Bryn H
- Splash!Photo by: Bryn H
- IMG_3513Photo by: Brenda H
- IMG_3469Photo by: Brenda H
What You Can Expect
These speedy vehicles, complete with stick-shift transmission and VW engines, have unmatched agility. Choose from a four-person buggy with other travelers or steering solo as you make your way through the stunning and diverse landscapes of Dominican Republic.
Pass colorful Caribbean houses en route to sample real Dominican coffee. Then follow along the natural paths lined with palm trees and banana plantations towards an authentic limestone mine. You’ll return using a paved road through La Caiba and Macao, where you’ll visit a local colmado (grocery store) and interact with residents while you sip on cold drinks and enjoy savory snacks.
This trip includes an epic stretch of white sand near Macao Beach, complete with stunning ocean views. There’s even time to take a dip before returning to Punta Cana.
Great people! The tour is small and you really get to learn about the DR. Be prepared to get dirty! So much fun!!
This was the best! Mark Jarand, our guide, was a delight. He was extremely knowledgeable about Punta Cana and made sure we had the best time! We were able to see the real island and we could experience it first hand. We had so much fun and got very muddy! I highly recommend this tour...so much better than the other hotel tours our friends took. TIP: Bring hard, wrapped candy for the children, don't wear anything you don't want to get really dirty and just have fun. Worth every penny and more!
I'm usually not one to write a review, but this trip was amazing! Would highly recommend to anyone that knows how to drive a manual, likes to have fun and wants to see the countryside of the Dominican Republic!!
This was a great experience! Montreal Mark was our guide and gave great explanations to all of our questions and fantastic directions throughout the DR countryside. Our group of 8 ages 7-44 were all completely satisfied! You WILL get dirty with clay mud, so wear clothes you're not too traumatized if stained. Bring sunscreen and a smile. They provide everything else! Our favorite was the local home and the beach. Would do it again in a heartbeat!
This was a AWESOME time! The men running it are great at their job. There is a lot of beautiful land to see on this island. Highly recommend this island and this excursion.
this was a great tour the people running it were great highly recommend
Joanne L United Kingdom
Fantastic buggy adventure, really enjoyed it. You go very fast, dirty, fun fun fun. Thoroughly recommend. Don't let the scary German owner irritate you, I think he is just trying to get everybody to look after his buggies and treat them with respect - comes across a bit too overtop at times. The stops are great too, not the usual stops where you are pushed to buy a load of tat, interesting and informative ones. A brilliant trip - go for it, you won't regret it.
Really enjoyed the Dune Buggy Ride. Tour Guide was great...saw lots of back roads of the DR, a beautiful beach, snacked in town...places we would not have seen without the guide. The Dune Buggy riding itself...too much fun. Highly recommend.
This is the first time I ever felt obligated to take the time and write a review. This was the BEST adventure excursion I ever had. Certainly worth every penny and this will be the best memory of your vacation! Charlie was fantastic and passionate about safety, having fun and his buggies. Magic7
Bonita F Canada
this trip was great! Charlie was an excellent guide and I loved seeing how people in Punta Cana live.