- 8-hour Montevideo day trip from Punta del Este
- Visit popular sites like Independence Plaza and Palacio Salvo with your knowledgeable guide
- Learn about Montevideo's history and admire its unique architecture
- Tour downtown and the Port of Montevideo, one of South America's major ports
- Walk along beachfront promenade
In the plaza, look to its east side to admire Palacio Salvo, a 26-story building completed in the 1920s that was once the tallest building in Uruguay. Marvel at its beautiful architecture, and then head to the west end of the plaza to see Puerta de la Ciudadela, one of the few remaining structures of Montevideo’s colonial city wall. Next, visit the Port of Montevideo, which is one of South America's busiest ports and plays an important role in Uruguay's economy.
Continue to the neighborhood of El Prado, home to Prado Park and three soccer stadiums. Learn a bit about the area from your guide before continuing to the elegant residential barrios (neighborhoods) of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos. Take in gorgeous coastal views from Punta Gorda and admire the endless beaches of Pocitos. Stroll down the beachside promenade and check out the local shops before getting back on the coach for the return trip to Punta del Este.