- Central Otago wine tour from Queenstown
- Journey into the heart of Central Otago, a region famous for its cool-climate wines, spectacular scenery and pioneering history
- Choose the gourmet tour that includes cheese tasting or the boutique tour to visits some of the smaller wineries of Central Otago
- Small-group tour limited to 11 people provides an intimate experience and ensures personal attention from your guide
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit four or five of Central Otago's premier vineyards on a sociable small group tour. On the Gourmet Tour, try a local cheese tasting and take a tour of New Zealand's largest underground wine cave, followed by lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard. The Boutique Tour will take you to smaller vineyards that are considered the gems of Central Otago. Enjoy a delightful gourmet platter lunch on both tours, and when time permits, visit Old Cromwell Town.
Gourmet Sample Itinerary (7 hours):
- Gibbston Valley - Visit New Zealand's largest underground wine cave and wine tasting
- Kawarau Gorge - scenic drive
- Olssen's of Bannockburn - wine and local cheese tasting in a garden setting
- Walk around the historic precinct of Old Cromwell
- Lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard
- Visit the iconic family run Aurum vineyard
- Chard Farm - wine tasting
- Optional seasonal visit to a local orchard market
- Peregrine Vineyard - wine tasting and spectacular architecture
- Carrick Winery - lunch and wine tasting
- Felton Road or Mt Difficulty Vineyard - wine tasting
- Van Asch Winery for great wines with a difference
- Visit to the historic precinct of Old Cromwell Town
A great way to sample this region's wines. We visited four wineries and tasted a variety of their wines, mostly Pinot Noir but also some white wines. In one of the wineries we had a nice lunch featuring local produce. The guide was knowledgeable and quite friendly. Highly recommended.
Excellent day. Penny was superb.