- Central Otago wine tour from Queenstown
- Journey into the heart of Central Otago, a region famous for its cool-climate wines, spectacular scenery and pioneering history
- Choose the gourmet tour that includes cheese tasting or the boutique tour to visits some of the smaller wineries of Central Otago
- Small-group tour limited to 11 people provides an intimate experience and ensures personal attention from your guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit four or five of Central Otago's premier vineyards on a sociable small group tour. On the Gourmet Tour, try a local cheese tasting and take a tour of New Zealand's largest underground wine cave, followed by lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard. The Boutique Tour will take you to smaller vineyards that are considered the gems of Central Otago. Enjoy a delightful gourmet platter lunch on both tours, and when time permits, visit Old Cromwell Town.
Gourmet Sample Itinerary (7 hours):
- Gibbston Valley - Visit New Zealand's largest underground wine cave and wine tasting
- Kawarau Gorge - scenic drive
- Olssen's of Bannockburn - wine and local cheese tasting in a garden setting
- Walk around the historic precinct of Old Cromwell
- Lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard
- Visit the iconic family run Aurum vineyard
- Chard Farm - wine tasting
- Optional seasonal visit to a local orchard market
- Peregrine Vineyard - wine tasting and spectacular architecture
- Carrick Winery - lunch and wine tasting
- Felton Road or Mt Difficulty Vineyard - wine tasting
- Van Asch Winery for great wines with a difference
- Visit to the historic precinct of Old Cromwell Town
Please note: From December 24, 2014 to January 11,2015 Inclusive, the boutique tour will depart at approximately 11am.
David was the perfect host, very knowledgeable and would have no hesitation in recommending the tour to others. Question: was anyone unwell after the trip?
The tour was interesting and informative. An eye opener and good trip to learn our NZ wines. We like the Amisfield vineyard and winery the best but all of them were unique in their own way. We would also like to recommend that if you go on this tour to request to pick Paul as your tour guide he's cool
This is a wonderful wine tour through the most beautiful countryside. Very generous with wine tastings. All four wineries were first class but all differed from each other. Lunch was basically a large tasting plate between three to four people. Definitely a must.
Nice sized tour group lead by a very knowledgeable and personable guide, David. Great wines representing boutique and larger vineyards. The lunch at Carrick was delicious and the view and grounds lovely!
Love it. Great guide and great experience. Can't recommend it enough
We had a simply fantastic experience on this tour! Our guide was knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and the wineries we traveled to served some excellent wines. I highly recommend doing this tour when you're in Queenstown!
Fantastic tour. Highly recommended
A great way to sample this region's wines. We visited four wineries and tasted a variety of their wines, mostly Pinot Noir but also some white wines. In one of the wineries we had a nice lunch featuring local produce. The guide was knowledgeable and quite friendly. Highly recommended.
Excellent day. Penny was superb.
IT WAS GREAT!!!
Penny our driver pick some of the best vineyards for us to visit. All of the wines were of New Zealands best!
The last vineyard our tour was the BEST. Our host and his wines were great and he was a very good spokesperson. I never had a Sov Blanc before. Very interesting wine it was.