Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Visit four or five of Central Otago's premier vineyards on a sociable small group tour. On the Gourmet Tour, try a local cheese tasting and take a tour of New Zealand's largest underground wine cave, followed by lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard. The Boutique Tour will take you to smaller vineyards that are considered the gems of Central Otago. Enjoy a delightful gourmet platter lunch on both tours, and when time permits, visit Old Cromwell Town.
Gourmet Sample Itinerary (7 hours):
- Gibbston Valley - Visit New Zealand's largest underground wine cave and wine tasting
- Kawarau Gorge - scenic drive
- Olssen's of Bannockburn - wine and local cheese tasting in a garden setting
- Walk around the historic precinct of Old Cromwell
- Lunch at Northburn, a high country sheep station and vineyard
- Visit the iconic family run Aurum vineyard
- Chard Farm - wine tasting
- Optional seasonal visit to a local orchard market
- Peregrine Vineyard - wine tasting and spectacular architecture
- Carrick Winery - lunch and wine tasting
- Felton Road or Mt Difficulty Vineyard - wine tasting
- Van Asch Winery for great wines with a difference
- Visit to the historic precinct of Old Cromwell Town
Wonderful. Wines were excellent, tour guide was just great, lots of info regarding where we were, where we were going to.
IT WAS GREAT!!!
Penny our driver pick some of the best vineyards for us to visit. All of the wines were of New Zealands best!
The last vineyard our tour was the BEST. Our host and his wines were great and he was a very good spokesperson. I never had a Sov Blanc before. Very interesting wine it was.