No previous canoeing experience is required on this tour, and your guide will paddle at a leisurely pace to suit the group.
- Full-day Dart River funyak canoe and jet boat adventure from Queenstown
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Aspiring National Park on this exhilarating tour
- Follow your guide on your funyak canoe and discover hidden streams and rock pools
- Soak up the park’s incredible countryside scenery -- featured as Middle-earth in The Lord of the Rings film series
- Enjoy a buffet lunch in the great outdoors
- Lifejacket and wetsuit provided
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After a comprehensive safety briefing get kitted up with equipment: lifejacket, wetsuit with booties, fleece and a dry bag. Then, hop aboard your jet boat and hold on tight as your guide speeds you through the waters of the Dart River, while explaining the countryside’s highlights.
Once you've ventured deeper into the wilderness of the park, swap the jet boat for your inflatable canoe (seats 2 or 3 people max) and paddle out behind your guide in a flotilla, exploring the hidden side streams, rock pools and chasms that make the Dart River so special. Stop for a buffet lunch laid out on tables in a grassy area and surrounded by the gloriously isolated scenery of Mount Aspiring National Park – featured in the Oscar-winning films of The Lord of the Rings series.
After lunch, continue along the Dart River in your canoe, soaking up the gorgeous countryside and watching out for rare fauna and wildlife like red deer and yellow-crowned parakeets. At the end of this exciting adventure hop back on board your coach and relax on the return journey to Queenstown.
Seemed a little pricey when we booked it, but definitely worth every penny. The scenery is spectacular and they outfit you with everything you need for a fun day in the jet boat and funyaks.
Excellent tour; a fun filled, adventure packed time. The Dart river is incredible! Don't forget to bring a camera (preferably waterproof) to capture the breathe taking views. The Jet Boat was great fun but I thought the Funyaking was even better! Lovely buffet lunch, experienced guides. Just amazing