- The Lord of the Rings filming locations tour of Glenorchy from Queenstown
- See film sites like Ithilien Camp, Isengard, Forest of Amon Hen and Lothlorien and more
- Admire breathtaking views along Lake Wakatipu and enjoy amazing photo opportunities
- See additional sites where scenes from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed
- Listen to interesting facts about New Zealand's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Stopping at various viewpoints so you can take photos, your driver will provide informative and interesting facts during the drive, giving you a better sense of connection with the surroundings.
Then continue to the rural region of Paradise, approximately 12 miles (20 km) northwest of Glenorchy. Here you'll discover the location of the Forest of Lothlorien and find a picturesque village at the head of Lake Wakatipu known as the ‘Gateway to Paradise’.
On your way back to Queenstown, stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp -- the no-man's land between Gondor and Mordor.
Along the way, enjoy some light refreshments and see filming locations from other movies like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian!
Huge thanks to Nomad Safaris who hosted us on this tour - Our guide was exceptional as well as exceptionally well informed (as well as exceptionally pregnant :-) though that didn't slow her down from our 4WD ride out to Paradise! Best of luck o her and hers!) with inside factoids and stories about the filming of LOTR as well as X-Men, Prince Caspian and others. Thank you Viator for arranging to make my much too short visit to NZ so memorable!
This trip was great fun and our guide Soap didn't hold back showing us his backyard. He didn't just show us Lord of the Ring scenes but all kinds of other movie sets and it was really cool to have afternoon tea in the middle of the Wolverine set! We took great images and had a fantastic afternoon. Thanks!