- The Lord of the Rings filming locations tour of Glenorchy from Queenstown
- See film sites like Ithilien Camp, Isengard, Forest of Amon Hen and Lothlorien and more
- Admire breathtaking views along Lake Wakatipu and enjoy amazing photo opportunities
- See additional sites where scenes from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed
- Listen to interesting facts about New Zealand's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Eerie sceneryPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- Dressing the partPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- Lake WakatipuPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- View from Skippers Canyon tourPhoto by: Chris M
- Day's End - after a ...Photo by: Randall P
- A quick stop on the road to ...Photo by: Randall P
- Mt Sunday / EdorasPhoto by: Raymond R
What You Can Expect
Our tour guide Badger was fabulous. His knowledge of Middle Earth is amazing.
Short and sweet, small group so makes it even more fun.
The tour was fantastic! Our guide was very knowledgable and enthusiastic about showing us the most beautiful locations were the movies ' hobbit' and the LOTR was shot. Queenstown and its surrounding areas. Including Glenorchy is one of the most beautiful place we have ever been to. Definitely recommended.
the staff were very organized and even though each traveler had a different itinerary they were able to keep all the moving parts organized and accommodate everyone.
Our tour guide was great! Scenery is breathtaking. I would recommend this tour.
Superb drive and guide. Great times
Tim was our guide and he was exceptionally good at what he does. His knowledge of the tour and NZ in general was appreciated. The tour itself was a lot of driving, but we did not have a lot of time, so it was perfect for us. We stopped along the way and took photos. Tim even had tea and cookies for us in a heavily wooded area -- we felt like we were in the movie! He also had costumes and props for us to try on...that was probably my daughter's favorite part!
Awesome tour guide, awesome view.
Wonderful tour and knowledgeable tour guide. Beautiful scenery and interesting locations. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun afternoon.
Fantastic. Our guide, Paul, was very knowledgable and accommodating. Happy to stop at particular points for us to take photos, providing lots of information about the filming of the movie, matching the sites we were seeing with film locations and showing us pictures in his well thumbed book so we could visualise exactly where the action was filmed from where we were standing. Two teenage Lord of the Ring fans were thoroughly impressed, as were two mums who enjoyed the scenery and other tidbits of information offered about the history of the local area. Thanks Paul!