- The Lord of the Rings filming locations tour of Glenorchy from Queenstown
- See film sites like Ithilien Camp, Isengard, Forest of Amon Hen and Lothlorien and more
- Admire breathtaking views along Lake Wakatipu and enjoy amazing photo opportunities
- See additional sites where scenes from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed
- Listen to interesting facts about New Zealand's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
Eerie sceneryPhoto by: Carol Ann K
Dressing the partPhoto by: Carol Ann K
Lake WakatipuPhoto by: Carol Ann K
View from Skippers Canyon tourPhoto by: Chris M
Day's End - after a ...Photo by: Randall P
A quick stop on the road to ...Photo by: Randall P
Mt Sunday / EdorasPhoto by: Raymond R
What You Can Expect
Stopping at various viewpoints so you can take photos, your driver will provide informative and interesting facts during the drive, giving you a better sense of connection with the surroundings.
Then continue to the rural region of Paradise, approximately 12 miles (20 km) northwest of Glenorchy. Here you'll discover the location of the Forest of Lothlorien and find a picturesque village at the head of Lake Wakatipu known as the ‘Gateway to Paradise’.
On your way back to Queenstown, stop at 12 Mile Delta to explore the location of the Ithilien Camp -- the no-man's land between Gondor and Mordor.
Along the way, enjoy some light refreshments and see filming locations from other movies like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian!
Superb drive and guide. Great times
Tim was our guide and he was exceptionally good at what he does. His knowledge of the tour and NZ in general was appreciated. The tour itself was a lot of driving, but we did not have a lot of time, so it was perfect for us. We stopped along the way and took photos. Tim even had tea and cookies for us in a heavily wooded area -- we felt like we were in the movie! He also had costumes and props for us to try on...that was probably my daughter's favorite part!