- The Lord of the Rings filming locations tour of Glenorchy from Queenstown
- See film sites like Ithilien Camp, Isengard, Forest of Amon Hen and Lothlorien and more
- Bring the films to life with our authentic replica props, dress up and take photos, or simply soak up the scenery
- Admire breathtaking views along Lake Wakatipu and enjoy amazing photo opportunities
- See additional sites where scenes from X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian were filmed
- Listen to interesting facts about New Zealand's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 6 people per vehicle ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Eerie sceneryPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- Dressing the partPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- Lake WakatipuPhoto by: Carol Ann K
- View from Skippers Canyon tourPhoto by: Chris M
- Day's End - after a ...Photo by: Randall P
- A quick stop on the road to ...Photo by: Randall P
- Mt Sunday / EdorasPhoto by: Raymond R
What You Can Expect
If you are a Lord of the Rings fan this tour is your way to see the locations for some of the film. Our guide was very knowledgeable and had pictures of what the scene looks like in the film. Our group did scene reenactments with capes and swords provided. Great fun and worth the money.
Mathew was very knowledgeable of the area and shared many entertaining stories. We enjoyed the tea and sword fights.
We loved every minute even though the weather was rainy most of the day we saw super sites and location. Hannah and Badger were super with lots of information and made it interesting and fun. Well worth the money and had tea in the elf woods. Great afternoon out thank you.
We enjoyed this tour very much, especially the scenery which was absolutely fabulous! Our tour guides Martin and Sally made the tour fun and interesting. Great for any Hobbit!
Excellent, very knowledgable guide. Weather wasn't the best but even then the locations are still stunning.
Our tour guide Badger was fabulous. His knowledge of Middle Earth is amazing.
Short and sweet, small group so makes it even more fun.
The tour was fantastic! Our guide was very knowledgable and enthusiastic about showing us the most beautiful locations were the movies ' hobbit' and the LOTR was shot. Queenstown and its surrounding areas. Including Glenorchy is one of the most beautiful place we have ever been to. Definitely recommended.
the staff were very organized and even though each traveler had a different itinerary they were able to keep all the moving parts organized and accommodate everyone.
Our tour guide was great! Scenery is breathtaking. I would recommend this tour.