- 1-hour and 45 minute sightseeing cruise on Lake Wakatipu, from Queenstown
- Marvel at breathtaking views of Mt. Earnslaw, Bob's Cove, Cecil Peak, Mt. Nicholas and the Remarkables mountain range
- Listen to informative and entertaining commentary provided by the local captain
- Travel by catamaran with large viewing windows, warm indoor seating and spacious outdoor decks with panoramic views
- Visit the captain in the open wheelhouse if you choose
- Refresh with a hot or cold beverage or snack available for purchase in the onboard cafe
What You Can Expect
Experience this stunning locale from your boat, which is equipped with warm indoor seating, large viewing windows and outdoor decks that offer unobstructed views from either side of the vessel. An onboard cafe serves beverages and snacks for purchase.
Head to Mt Nicholas High Country Station, located on the western shore of the lake, with a stop at Bob's Cove to view flora and fauna up close from the boat. Soak up spectacular views looking towards Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, the Southern Alps and the Remarkables mountain range.
Your captain provides informative commentary about the landmarks and native wildlife as you cruise. You are also welcome to join the captain in the wheelhouse. Learn about atmospheric pressures that cause the lake’s water level to rise and fall about 5 inches (12 centimeters) every few minutes. A Maori legend says that the water’s changing levels stem from the heartbeat of a giant who lies asleep in the lake’s depths.
While a slumbering giant might be hard to prove, it's safe to say Elves have been here. The lake provided the setting for the Lothlórien scenes filmed for The Lord of the Rings movie.
After a leisurely cruise on Lake Wakatipu, return to the starting point in Queenstown where your tour ends.