- Milford Sound cruise and optional coach tour
- Travel by coach through beautiful Fiordland National Park (if option selected)
- Admire stunning landscapes and glacial scenery at one of the world’s most scenic locations
- Spot New Zealand seals relaxing on the rocks
- See the splash of waterfalls cascading from an ancient rainforest
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your 1.5 hour cruise meanders past Mitre Peak and as you navigate the length of Milford Sound to the Tasman Sea, let the scenery transport you back to a time of magical wilderness with its towering mountains, vertical cliffs and hanging valleys.
Before your cruise takes you back to the bay, learn about the local flora and fauna and hear some fascinating history and Maori legends from your expert guide.
If you upgrade for an additional coach tour to Milford Sound, you’re picked up from the closest bus stop to your hotel in Queenstown. Take a journey through the Fiordland National Park, listening to informative narration about the stunning scenery, and stop along the way to take photographs and do some short nature walks.
Discover the optical illusion of the Avenue of Disappearing Mountains, which seem to sink into the surrounding beech forest. View Hollyford Valley and the Darran Mountains before entering the Homer Tunnel, and snap photos of majestic Mt Tutoko, Fiordland National Park’s highest and most glaciated peak.
Meet at the wharf for your 1.5 hour cruise on board the Maiden of Milford
After the cruise, relax on board the coach, whilst we take you back to your pick up location.
- Gorge road directly opposite Bowen Street
- Creeksyde Top 10 Holiday Park, 54 Robins Road. Bus stop on opposite side of road
- Novotel, Marine Parade
- Nomads, 5-11 Church Street
- YHA Lake Front, 80-90 Lake Esplanade. Bus Stop outside
- Crowne Plaza, 93 Beach Street. Bus stop outside
- Base Backpackers, Shotover street. Bus stop outside
- The Station, corner of Camp and Shotover street. Bus stop on camp street
- Stanley Street bus stop Cnr of Sydney and Stanley streets (Near Bungi backpackers)
- Millenium Hotel Bus Shelter, Frankton road
- Copthorne Lakeview, Frankton Road
- Pounamu Apartments Bus Stop, 128 Frankton road
- The Rees Hotel, bus stop opposite hotel.
- Goldfield Heights Bus Stop, Cnr Frankton Road and Goldfield Heights
- Greenstone Apartments Bus Stop, Battery Hill Frankton
- Marina Heights Bus Stop, opposite Mantra Marina and next to Z Garage.
- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street and SH6
Hotel Pickup Te Anau:
- Kiwi Country/Boulevard café
driver was very knowledgeable. whole trip very good. nice stops along the way.
Great day out. After spending nearly a month travelling around NZ my sister rates this as the best day of our trip and we had many good days. This was my second trip to Milford Sound in the last couple of years and I really enjoyed it again.
Coach collected us from outside our hotel. Unfortunately didn't drop us off there on our return but fairly centrally in town. Stopped at interesting places en route and for coffee stops etc. Not an easy drive so very pleased we chose this trip. Driver was full of fascinating facts and information. Milford sound was magnificent! Kept to time and was a most enjoyable day trip.
Trustful and flexible. Customer service is very friendly
I was a bit scared to go on this because I don't travel very well on water but I had such a good time and the spins were the BEST.
Booking was just for the Jucy Cruise of Milford Sounds. Was an excellent experience. Good commentary picked ot the important things to inform us, did not ramble on boat came in close to scenic features, eg waterfall, seals etc.
Boat was not too crowded, so made it easy to move aroundto get good photos.
This was a long, all day tour, but well worth it. The day started out very cold and rainy, but it didn't detract from the beauty of the scenery. Shelly was a wonderful driver and tour guide, and our trip from Queenstown to Milford Sound was filled with great information and beautiful views. There were several stops for photos, as well as for food and souvenir shopping. Once we arrived at Milford Sound for the boat ride, the skies cleared and we had beautiful weather. It was absolutely breathtaking and definitely worth the time. On the bus ride back we watched a good movie based on a real guy from New Zealand. Since it was summer and got dark late, we were able to see more beautiful scenery on the return trip and watch the sun set. Don't miss this!
Fantastic! Driver was really good at local knowledge. Long trip but well worth it!
It's amazing experience with lots of fabulous picturious views and unbelievable Godssculptures
We just took the cruise, weather was very kind to us, scenery is just amazing. Very beautiful part of the world.