- Milford Sound cruise and optional coach tour
- Travel by coach through beautiful Fiordland National Park (if option selected)
- Admire stunning landscapes and glacial scenery at one of the world’s most scenic locations
- See dolphins, seals and penguins at play
- Enjoy guided commentary on board the coach and cruise
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Marvel at the Avenue of Disappearing Mountains, an optical illusion where the mountains appear to sink into the surrounding beech forest. Crossing the halfway point between the equator and the South Pole, see stunning views over Hollyford Valley and the Darran Mountains before entering the Homer Tunnel and descending into lush rainforest canyons. You will also see majestic views of Mt Tutoko, the highest and most glaciated peak in Fiordland National Park.
Arrive at Milford Sound, one of the world’s most magnificent natural wonders. If you choose the cruise-only option, this is where you’ll meet to start your tour. Board the boat for a 1.5-hour cruise, taking in the spectacular sights of waterfalls cascading from towering rock walls and verdant rainforests gripping the cliffs. Enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee or tea while watching seals, penguins and dolphins swim in the water.
You'll cruise Milford Sound on a two-deck vessel that offers great viewing from inside and outside on both decks. Each cruise is limited to 100 passengers to ensure a choice of seating and uninterrupted viewing. It is the only vessel on Milford Sound to provide a glass-roof, all-weather viewing area.
For the cruise-only option, your tour concludes on shore. For the coach tour option, you will be taken back to your Queenstown or Te Anau hotel.
- Gorge road directly opposite Bowen Street
- Creeksyde Top 10 Holiday Park, 54 Robins Road. Bus stop on opposite side of road
- Novotel, Marine Parade
- Nomads, 5-11 Church Street
- YHA Lake Front, 80-90 Lake Esplanade. Bus Stop outside
- Crowne Plaza, 93 Beach Street. Bus stop outside
- Base Backpackers, Shotover street. Bus stop outside
- The Station, corner of Camp and Shotover street. Bus stop on camp street
- Stanley Street bus stop Cnr of Sydney and Stanley streets (Near Bungi backpackers)
- Millenium Hotel Bus Shelter, Frankton road
- Copthorne Lakeview, Frankton Road
- Pounamu Apartments Bus Stop, 128 Frankton road
- The Rees Hotel, bus stop opposite hotel.
- Goldfield Heights Bus Stop, Cnr Frankton Road and Goldfield Heights
- Greenstone Apartments Bus Stop, Battery Hill Frankton
- Marina Heights Bus Stop, opposite Mantra Marina and next to Z Garage.
- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street and SH6
Hotel Pickup Te Anau:
- All Te Anau hotels
It rained on the day we did this trip, however it did not spoil our day, in fact if anything it enhanced it, we even had dolphins hitch a ride on the bow wave of the boat, magical. The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble