- Milford Sound day trip from Queenstown by land, sea and air
- See Milford Sound and its incredible natural beauty from all angles
- Travel past Lake Wakatipu and the region’s alpine scenery, stopping for photo ops
- Enjoy a 2-hour cruise on the sound to see waterfalls and wildlife
- Take an exhilarating helicopter flight over the sound and Mt Tutoko
- Land briefly on Donne Glacier, if the weather permits
- Listen to interesting commentary throughout the day
What You Can Expect
Absolutely Amazing!! Helicopter flight was cancelled but flew back on fixed wing plane instead. We worth the cost of the tour.
Very good trip , only spoilt a bit by rain (snow at high altitude) on the way to Milford Sound and when I was there.
The bus journey there is over 5 hours and so I was so happy that I had booked to return by helicopter - which took 45 minutes including sightseeing and a high altitude snow landing which was great.
Still, overall, I was lucky , as 2 days later the one road in was blocked by an avalanche. All tours cancelled !!
How beautiful! Glad we chose the helicopter instead of plane. (Plane flights are cancelled more often due to weather conditions, which is a factor because it rains at Milford sound over 200 days out of the year.) The rain was interesting because it creates hundreds of waterfalls that cascade down the mountains!
The tour was well organised, the coach driver was good fun and very knowledgeable and the scenery was incredible. It was a no stress trip with a lot of great experiences, especially the helicopter ride from Milford back to Queenstown.
Bus drive and driver very good, so was boat trip. Helicopter flight was cancelled last minute, due to too little booking passengers, disappointment.
The bus tour was great, our bus driver was extremely knowledgeable and humorous. The nature boat tour was also enjoyable, the boat was great and commentary also informative and entertaining. We were thrilled to be able to take the helicopter ride home, but it was no where near 50 minutes, perhaps 35 minutes at best. It was awesomely beautiful but way too short for what we were promised and what we paid for.