- White-water rafting on the Kawarau River
- Power through grade II to III rapids as your expert guide gives you rafting tips
- Take in the breathtaking New Zealand scenery surrounding the river
- Perfect for first-time rafters
- Warm up after rafting by relaxing in the sauna
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
River rafting in New Zealand is a must-do experience, and this particular white-water rafting tour is good for everyone! It's exciting but not too high of a class of rapids.
What You Can Expect
From the moment you push off from the riverbank, begin experiencing the endless excitement of the Kawarau River. Hold on tight and enjoy the rush of adrenaline as your raft twists and turns through the rushing grade II and III rapids.
Your guide will help you paddle along the river and show you the best way to navigate the rapids. Between the thrills, don't forget to look around as you travel through some of New Zealand’s most spectacular alpine scenery. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, you may recognize some of your surrounds from the movie trilogy.
At the end of your rafting adventure, warm up with a sauna and hot shower at the rafting base, and perhaps reward your new or improved rafting skills with a well-earned hot chocolate, beer or snack (available for purchase from the licensed bar).