- Enjoy an awesome day filled with adventure - Shotover Jet ride, white water rafting and a scenic helicopter ride
- Scenic 7-minute one-way helicopter ride from Queenstown to the white water rafting point
- Experience rafting on the Kawarau or Shotover River
- Exhilarating Shotover jet boat ride
- Wetsuit and all safety equipment provided
- Use of hot shower and sauna facilities
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Immediately following the jet boat ride, you proceed to Cavell's Rafting Lodge, where you change into a full wetsuit. Transfer to the heli-pad and climb aboard a turbine-powered helicopter for a spectacular rollercoaster flight up Skippers Canyon.
You will land at Deep Creek, where you'll meet the experienced white water rafting guides. After extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques, board your raft and paddle over peaceful waters at first, before striking the exhilarating rapids of the lower Canyon. Experience rapids such as Rock Garden, Sharks Fin, Toilet, Pinball, Jaws, Sequel and the unforgettable, 170 meter Oxenbridge Tunnel, followed closely by Cascade Rapid. From your take out point, you will be transferred to Cavell's Rafting Lodge for a hot shower and sauna, before returning back to Queenstown.
Guides are fully licensed and are carefully chosen on the basis of their skill and experience, their ability to make sound decisions and their ability to communicate and identify with our clients. Rafting on the Shotover River varies in difficulty according to river levels. In the event the Shotover River is unsuitable, rafting may be transferred to the Kawarau River.