- Gourmet food and wine tour from Queenstown
- Learn how to match food and wine from a professional sommelier
- 4-course lunch with matching wines overlooking the stunning Lake Hayes
- Taste chutney and jams made from the fruits of Central Otago
- Try delicious, melt in the mouth chocolates
- Sample hand-crafted artisan cheeses
- Small-group limited to 11 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Next, take a scenic drive to the historic gold-rush town of Arrowtown, where you’ll visit Provisions Café for a delicious morning tea in the garden. Sample home-made chutneys and jams made from fresh produce of the Central Otago region, and then head to a local icon – Patagonia Chocolates – where mouthwatering chocolates await.
Hopefully you didn’t fill up on too many chocolates, because your next stop is Amisfield Winery, where you’ll enjoy lunch with a side of stunning views. Admire snow-capped mountains and beautiful Lake Hayes as you relish your unique, 'trust the chef' lunch, meaning you’ll eat what the chef has chosen to prepare from the freshest seasonal ingredients available that day. Your four courses are designed to be shared at the table and will be matched with wine to fully enhance your dining experience.
Your tour concludes with a tasting of cheese platters at Gibbston Valley Cheesery. Relax and enjoy samples of sheep, cow and goat milk cheeses, hand crafted in the European style. You’ll then be taken back to your Queenstown hotel (just in time for a well-deserved post-lunch nap).