- Lakeview Trail historical walking tour with transport from Queenstown
- Walk through the Mt Crichton Scenic Reserve and admire views of Lake Wakatipu
- Enjoy the wide variety of vegetation and bird life along the track
- Hear about the area's history, flora and fauna from your knowledgeable guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
While you walk and catch views of Lake Wakatipu, listen to tales from the area’s rich gold-mining past and hear stories of the gold-miners who once worked Twelve Mile Creek Gorge.
See historical artifacts like old mining tools in the well-preserved Sam Summers hut, and walk through a stunning landscape of mountain beech and manuka forest, populated by the region’s varied bird life. Your guide will give you insight into the region's history, plus tell you about the native flora and fauna and recent development to the area.
During the 2.5-hour walk, stop regularly for photo ops and enjoy light refreshments.