- 2-day tour through Avenue of the Volcanoes with overnight stay in Riobamba
- Marvel at Ecuador’s most famous volcanoes, including Cayambe, Sangay and El Altar
- Visit Cotopaxi National Park for photo opportunities and lunch (included)
- Enjoy dinner and overnight stay in Riobamba, awakening to breakfast at your hacienda (all included)
- Embark on a 2-hour train ride from Alausí toward Devil’s Nose, a dramatic rock formation
- Round-trip transport by coach from Quito is included
What You Can Expect
After breakfast is served at your accommodation, depart for the train station in Alausí. From here, board the train (subject to change) for a 2-hour ride, zigzagging around sweeping slopes as you gaze out the open windows, and snap photos of the panoramic views along the way. Head toward Devil’s Nose, a rock wall jutting skyward, as you listen to commentary from an expert guide. Then return to Alausí for a box lunch (included) before transport back to your Quito hotel in the afternoon.
Very good. Our guide, Wilson was outstanding.
The tour itself was great. El Andaluz an excellent hotel. Wilson was an excellent guide. I scheduled a rest day after I arrived as I did not get to the hotel til 2AM. At 9AM I called the Grayline to comfirm this tour for the next day. "We have NO record of a reservation!" I was picked up at the airport so had a reservation of that, and the whole trip was booked together. What happened to the 2 day tour??? I still don't know. The front desk guy made at least 4 calls to the Grayline office trying to get confirmation. At 5PM I called myself and was finally told that yes, they had me down but did not have confirmation for the train ride part of the tour. I said, "Look, you've had since February to get that. Get your act together!" I was told that the "other shift" made the reservation and did not record the info. This seemed to be the way they worked. The only time I was sure of anything was when I had an English speaking guide next to me and he was on his cell phone with the offricewas sure was when I