- Full-day Old Town Quito walking tour
- Walk through Quito's historic center, home to the Independence Plaza, Iglesia La Compañía de Jesús and the Government Palace
- Stroll through a local market and sample Ecuadorian fruits and vegetables
- Tour the Monestary of San Francisco and learn about its history from your expert guide
- Enjoy a traditional Ecuadorian lunch at a local restaurant
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Then, follow your guide to the heart of Old Town -- Independence Plaza. Walk around the plaza while admiring the impressive Independence Monument, the Archbishop's Palace and the Government Palace. Learn about the significance of these buildings from your guide as you walk through the plaza.
Next, stop for lunch at a traditional Ecuadorian restaurant. From there, head to the Monastery of San Francisco. This large, ancient building takes up two city blocks and is a must-see attraction. Tour the chapel and convent while hearing stories and legends of the impressive building from your guide. Visit at a small, family-run factory that specializes in candle making.
Tour guide was exceptionally well informed and connected with the local merchants so that he was able to provide some behind the scenes insider views of historic Quito.
We had a fabulous walking tour with an excellent guide! The visit to the Mercardo Santa Clara was really fun and we were able to try a number of delicious fruits. We got a real sense of the history of Quito while walking around the Old Town. The churches were beautiful and it was fun to experience them through the stories of our guide. An outdoor lunch was the perfect ending to the day.