- Day trip to the Gjábakkahellir cave and the Silfra fissure from Reykjavik
- Visit Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the dark, mysterious Gjábakkahellir cave with your expert guide
- Snorkel in the Silfra fissure and admire the amazing, vibrant depths of underground tectonic plates
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Iceland caving funPhoto by: lala
- Exiting the Lava Cave in ...Photo by: Nicole F
- Lava fields around the cave ...Photo by: Lindsey B
- cave exploringPhoto by: quang t
- Into the depths of a 100 year ...Photo by: David C
- Preparing drysuits for ...Photo by: David C
- Lava cavePhoto by: Bogdan D
What You Can Expect
Wonderful trip. Great guide Richard
I highly recommend this company for this tour. We used other tour companies for the rest of our travel in Iceland and wish we had used these guys for everything. They were friendlier and more knowledgeable than other tour companies we used. Also, the group was small by design so we didn't have the headaches that go along with larger tour groups.
Diane United States of ...
Amazing day trip! Our tour guide, Oliver, was great! I enjoyed the cave more than I would have expected. Snorkeling was fun too but for all the preparation it takes, it didn't seem like we were in the water all that long. And it was my first time doing that kind of snorkeling so I was a little uncomfortable with all the gear/equipment and worrying about leaks and such. But it worked out quite well. It makes me want to pursue scuba diving! The water was so beautiful. I love being able to say I've been between the North American and Eurasian plates!
Excellent guides, excellent views, recommended for those who want to do something outside the mainstream while in Iceland, and the Silfra snorkeling is something you will remember forever.
Really wonderful experience. The tour guide was helpful and informative and even added some local stories! The cave was great and not too challenging. Snorkeling was incredible, just be prepared for being stuffed into a dry suit!
Absolutely fantastic. Richard was a fun guide and made us feel very safe both in the dark cave and freezing water!
Such an awesome day out! Rich did an awesome job of guiding us throughout the day and Mike took great care of us in the water.
Snorkelling through the tectonic rift was a beautiful and surreal experience, I'm recommending it to everyone I know going to Iceland.
THIS TRIP WAS AMAZING - from the cave to the silfra - i have never seen water so clear. And yes, it was freezing, but so worth it! Make sure to drink some of the water while snorkling, you can taste how pure it is.
Enjoyed both the caving and Silfa, don't miss the chance to experience this once in a lifetime trip.
waalle United States of ...
The best thing I did in Iceland. These guys were entertaining and knowledgeable. Snorkeling in Silfra was breathtaking. A must do!