- Half-day hiking trip to Hveragerði and Reykjadalur with transport from Reykjavik
- Admire beautiful, unspoiled Icelandic nature on a leisurely hike with your expert guide
- Hear stories about Iceland's past and explore its picturesque sites
- Relax in the soothing hot springs of Mt Hengill and Reykjadalur Valley
- Packed lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Arrive in the outskirts of Hveragerði, a town famous for its hot springs and gorgeous flowers. Follow your guide on a scenic, leisurely hike into the beautiful valley of Reykjadalur. Listen to your guide’s stories about Iceland’s past as you witness the valley’s amazing abundance of geothermal wonders, from small, gurgling melting pots to vibrant, super-heated pools of water - giving evidence that Mt Hengill is still an active volcano located under the surface of the area.
See the hot water rushing down the slopes from the Hellisheiði mountain, creating the ideal place to relax. Take a break from your hike and unwind in the soothing natural hot springs. Then, hike back into the beautiful and natural town of Hveragerði and begin your journey back to Reykjavik.