- Day trip to Iceland's Golden Circle and Þingvellir National Park from Reykjavik
- Enjoy a rafting adventure down the scenic Hvítá River with your professional rafting guide
- Travel along the route of the Golden Circle, stopping at the Gullfoss waterfall and the Geysir geyser
- Learn how Geysir serves as the original name-giver of the erupting springs
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage-listed Þingvellir National Park and admire stunning rifts, fissures and canyons
- Lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Your journey will lead you along Iceland's Golden Circle, a route looping from Reykjavik into central Iceland and back that’s famous for its stunning sights. Head to the geothermal area of Geysir and witness how the ground gurgles and bubbles, and see heated water escaping from the ground with enormous force. Learn how this location serves as the original name-giver of the erupting springs.
Listen to your local guide’s stories about the area as you head farther along the Golden Circle to Gullfoss, the undisputed pinnacle of Icelandic waterfalls. Appreciate the breathtaking power and beauty as water rushes down three layered steps formed by lava.
Stop finally at UNESCO World Heritage-listed Þingvellir National Park. One of the most popular attractions in the country, Þingvellir boasts incredible sights and is the birthplace of one of the oldest parliaments in the world, which still exists today. It is the site where the great tectonic plates of America and Europe meet, creating stunning rifts, fissures and canyons that cross over the region -- a picturesque sight perfect for photo opportunities!
After your day trip, enjoy a relaxing drive back to Reykjavik.