- Day trip to Vatnajökull National Park from Reykjavik
- Experience the beauty of Iceland’s largest glacier
- Hike on the stunning Virkisjökull Glacier with your expert guide
- Enjoy a boat ride on the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, a majestic site with picturesque views
- Hear stories and facts about the region's unique characteristics
- Lunch, all equipment and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
At the Virkisjökull Glacier, your specially trained and highly qualified guide will take you on a scenic hike on the glacier itself. After a brief safety introduction you will feel the ancient ice under your feet as you explore the glacier and take in the incredible views. High above on the outlet rises the massive Vatnajökull Glacier in all its glory, an incredible sight you won’t forget!
As you walk on crampons (metal spikes for the soles of your shoes), which are necessary to enjoy a safe walk on the ice, see spectacular ice formations such as deep sink holes and rugged ice crevasses. Your guide will tell you all about the Vatnajökull Glacier and the rough outlet glaciers that descend magnificently from the main hub toward the ocean.
Afterward, continue to the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon in Breiðamerkursandur. Explore this must-see area by boat! Glide between huge icebergs, which constantly break away from the glacier tongue of Breiðamerkurjökull, producing an incredible wonderworld of ice. After your scenic boat ride, stop for coffee and a warm, tasty Icelandic waffle with cream and jam before starting your relaxing journey back to Reykjavík.