- Four-hour snorkeling excursion from Reykjavik to Lake Silfra
- Superb visibility in glacial waters
- Snorkel one of the world's top 10 diving sites
- Snorkel between the Eurasian and American plates
- All equipment provided
- Expert English-speaking PADI dive master or PADI instructor
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
If you are interested in seeing Iceland underwater, then this tour is for you! Silfra is a crack or fissure in the face of the earth, between the Eurasian and American plates which are drifting apart by a few inches every year. The water in Silfra comes up from the lava, after traveling underground from Iceland's glaciers. You'll find that swimming out of the fissure is effortless because of the mild current that propels you forward.
Outstanding guide and overall experience. Would love to do it again.
Possible the best thing i've ever seen.All the fear of the cold water and ability to snorkel disappeared immediately. The suits given help you float so no real effort needed. Although do wear thick socks. Our guides was dori (sorry if spelt wrong) and sarah. Both were very nice people and great help