Want to see some of the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland on a day trip from Reykjavik? From spouting geysers, tumbling waterfalls and ancient volcanoes, the popular Golden Circle Classic full-day excursion by coach will introduce you to Iceland's world-renowned pristine natural beauty surrounding the capital.
- Golden Circle Classic day trip from Reykjavik
- Nesjavellir power plant (not guaranteed during winter)
- Thingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Gulfoss waterfall
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of This Tour
- GullfossPhoto by: Frank D
- GullfossPhoto by: Monica-Maria A
Romania, 10 2010
- ThingvallavatnPhoto by: Sarah C
United Kingdom, 02 2010
- Church with turf version ...Photo by: Nicholas R
- Little GeyserPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Gullfoss waterfallPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Icelandc horsesPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Turf churchPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Iceland from the coachPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Stokkur geysirPhoto by: Nicholas R
- Gullfoss WaterfallPhoto by: Nicholas R
- WaterfallPhoto by: Stefan K
- Iceland tour - July 2015Photo by: mitchelljen
- The edge of the tectonic ...Photo by: MR R M G
- Gulfoss WaterfallsPhoto by: Cherie H
- Parliament FieldPhoto by: Amberly M
- GulfossPhoto by: Amberly M
- ChurchPhoto by: Amberly M
- GeysirPhoto by: Amberly M
- Fields of ÞingvellirPhoto by: Jeff E
USA, 09 2015
What You Can Expect
The tour begins with a visit to the Nesjavellir power plant, a geothermal area in the picturesque landscape of Lake Thingvallavatn (this part of the tour may not be included in winter). This really is "green" renewable energy, as more than half of Reykjavik's population gets its energy from the Nesjavellir geothermal plant.
Your tour also includes a visit to Thingvellir, where the Icelandic parliament Althingi was founded in 930, making it the oldest functioning parliament in the world. It is here that the slowly diverging tectonic plates of America and Europe meet.
Your tour continues to the beautiful waterfall of Gullfoss, a highlight of any visit to Iceland, along with the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. You will also visit Skalholt church, the ancient seat of the Icelandic bishops.
On your way back to Reykjavik you'll travel through fertile agricultural areas to the charming village of Hveragerdi.
Absolutely brilliant aided by our excellent guide who not only told us about the places we visited but also lots about Icelandic culture. I was sorry when it was over!
Excellent value, and it was a lot cheaper than some other similar tours. If you only have a short stay in Iceland as we did, then go on this tour. It contains so much in the way of variety and content its brilliant. Our tour guide Helga was excellent and scored top marks for making our day my wifes 60th birthday so memorable. Thank you Helga for introducing us to your beautiful country and wonderful people. From Thingveller to the waterfall at Gullfoss to the fun geysers, we had such an unbelievable full day. There was also the turf-covered church and the wonderfully friendly horses at the end. What beautiful animals with their furry coats and long manes and Im not really a horse lover!
If you can only go on one tour, go on this one. It shows you so many of Icelands wonders and represented excellent value. Id give it more stars if I could. Definitely 5.
This tour was beautiful! The Geysirs were my favorite part and I got some really fantastic photos and videos. The guide was Linda and she was incredible. She was very knowledgeable and funny. This tour is a must do when you go to Iceland. I can't say anything bad about it.
Fantastic sights, comfortable coach and the guide was excellent!
This tour concludes around 6.30pm allowing you time to catch the 9pm northern lights tour.
We had a lovely cold winters day doing this trip.
The guide Lena was a good story teller.
We took the 8.30 am tour, which finished at 5 pm.
Beautiful scenery .
This tour showed you much of the diversity of Iceland's landscape. Sadly, it was a cloudy day when our tour started so the first stop was cloudy and snowing --but shortly the weather cleared and the rest of the tour was wonderful
The guide was amazing, provided quite a bit of information about all the places we stopped. This was one of the best trips I have been on.
Absolutely brilliant tour. Our tour guide was excellent. Learnt a lot about the history of Iceland and got to see stunning scenery. Well worth doing this trip.
Great for the first time visit to Iceland.