- Full-day Golden Circle tour with 4WD super jeep transport from Reykjavik
- Enjoy an action-packed day exploring Iceland’s famous Golden Circle with a local guide
- Visit Thingvellir National Park to soak up the views and learn about ancient Icelandic Parliament
- Pose for photos by Geysir, a bubbling geothermic hot spring, and walk around the waterfall of Gulfoss
- Ride a snowmobile around Langjökull, Iceland’s second largest glacier
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
See all of the major sights around Reykjavik while riding in an enormous, customized super jeep. Riding over the vast white landscape of Iceland's second largest glacier by snowmobile is sure to make you feel like you've been transported to the Arctic!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Holding a special place in the hearts of the Icelandic people for its historical importance and unique geographical features, Thingvellir was the area where Iceland’s first Parliament was formed in the first century. Hop out of your jeep to enjoy a walk around and soak up stunning views over Iceland’s rugged terrain.
Continue by jeep along the twisting mountain tracks to see the bubbling and spouting hot springs of Geysir. Exploding every few minutes, the geyser is an incredible spectacle to behold; have your camera ready to capture the geothermic action! Continue to the waterfall of Gulfoss with its double cascades, and feel the spray of glacial water on your face as you walk around the falls.
Stop for lunch in Gulfoss cafe, perhaps trying the traditional Icelandic lamb stew (own expense), and then enjoy your tour’s exhilarating highlight: a snowmobiling experience on Langjökull, Iceland’s second largest glacier. After a comprehensive safety briefing, hop aboard your snowmobile (2 per vehicle) and follow your guide on a route around the dramatic, ice-clad landscape.
Return to your jeep after snowmobiling, and travel back through the countryside toward Reykjavik. Your day trip then finishes with a drop-off at your Reykjavik hotel.
Please note: the order of this day trip may be altered to ensure that the snowmobiling takes place during the best light conditions.