- Full-day tour from Reykjavik to Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon
- See the Skogarfoss waterfall and Skaftafell National Park
- Check out the film locations for James Bond's 'Die Another Day' and 'Lara Croft: Tomb Raider'
- Learn about the area's history from an English-speaking tour guide
- Enjoy convenient pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Jokulsarlon LagoonPhoto by: Terese J
- SkogafossPhoto by: Seng-Lai T
- Jokursarlon Glacier LakePhoto by: Ratul_the_Explorer
- basalt cliffsPhoto by: Donald K
- 125 KM awayPhoto by: Donald K
- View from the shore.Photo by: Donald K
- side view of the fallsPhoto by: Donald K
- Back side of the fallsPhoto by: Donald K
- JökulsarlonPhoto by: hemi-crania
- lavafältPhoto by: hemi-crania
- vanlig synPhoto by: hemi-crania
- VikPhoto by: hemi-crania
- SkogafossPhoto by: hemi-crania
- Ice on the beachPhoto by: Stephanie M
- Boat tour in the lagoonPhoto by: Stephanie M
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon on a ...Photo by: wellyndama
- icebergs on JokulsarlonPhoto by: Siobhan W
- SkogarfossPhoto by: Sabyasachi G
United Kingdom, 04 2014
- waterfallPhoto by: Terese J
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon 1Photo by: ANNABELLA G
What You Can Expect
As you travel, listen as your guide shares tales of south Iceland, an area rich in picturesque villages and natural spectacles such as glacial rivers, waterfalls and volcanic peaks.
Drive through villages such as Selfoss, Vik and Kirkjubaejarklaustur, and marvel at the snow-capped mountains and epic landscapes of Skaftafell, part of the Vatnajökull National Park.
Visit the spectacular Skogarfoss waterfall, and drive through the volcanic desert of Skeidarasandur — a vast sand plain where sandstorms can be so intense that they strip paint from cars! Pass Iceland's largest active volcano, the ice-covered, sub-glacial Oraefajokull, and gaze up at 6950-foot (2,119-meter) Hvannadalshnjukur on its summit crater, the country’s highest peak.
Shortly afterward, arrive at Jokulsarlon Lagoon: a breathtaking expanse of water strewn with ice chunks that has provided the backdrop for several action films, including the James Bond hit Die Another Day and the 2001 Lara Croft: Tomb Raider movie.
Travel back to Reykjavik where your day trip finishes with hotel drop-off.
Amazing guide Dee-Dee! Beautiful stops with great commentary.
This trip was well organized, beginning with the pick up and travel to the Lagoon which is a long drive until the drop off. We were very pleased with what we saw and all that was taken in.
The waterfalls, the views along the south coast and the glacial lagoon are extraordinary.
Tour was very good. Our guide Dee Dee was superb!
Great tour to see the highlights of the South Coast. A long day, but definitely worth it.
Gorgeous scenery, enthusiastic and very informative guide, fascinating history and geology. Very long day, but well worth it! We saw a lot, and the pacing was such that the long rides were broken up very nicely.
It was wonderful - scenery was absolutely beautiful. If one is worried about how long the bus trip is, don't. Many stops along the way for scenery, photos, snacks, potty, meals and oh so worth seeing jokulsarlon lagoon and beach with large chunks of glacier ice with mountains and glacier in the background. So glad we booked the trip. Our driver and guide were awesome too. We noticed in Iceland drivers are very punctual - be at least 10 minutes earlier than the departure time you are given. Pretty sure you'll love the tour.
The tour was very well organized and left on time. It was a amazing sight to see the lagoon. The only problem was the weather which was windy and drizzling.
Absolutely loved it!!!
The Glacier Lagoon was breathtaking...loved it. Only negative is it is a LONG trip but if you are prepared for that , it not a problem. Also make sure you prep with appropriate clothing it can be very cold and very wet.