- Fimmvorouhals Volcano hike including round-trip transport from Reykjavik
- Stop for photos at Seljalandsfoss Waterfall near Eyjafjallajokull Glacier
- Enjoy a 12-mile (20-km) hike around Fimmvorouhals Volcano in Thorsmork Valley
- Admire the volcanic landscape, seeing craters, cooling lava falls, glaciers and canyons
- Learn about active and extinct Icelandic volcanoes from a local guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Head to Iceland’s south coast to discover incredible waterfalls and glaciers. See a 200-foot (61-meter) waterfall and hike up a volcano to get one of the best views in Iceland!
What You Can Expect
Excellent hike ! Well organised and terrific guide. I would warn people that this is quite challenging - you must wear proper gear and be ready for deep snow on occasions. But overall it was worth it.
Simply amazing but not for the faint hearted. Some challenging areas on the way up to the top of the volcano. The scenery is beyond stunning.
We had an awesome time, but didn and #39;t get to do the entire hike because of time and difficulty level for some. It and #39;s a long and challenging hike, which I enjoyed, but read the small print: you should be in good shape! You might not enjoy it otherwise! Spectacular views beautiful surroundings!
The Volcano hike is spectacular in views and scenery. It is a very thrilling experience. Billy our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. The hike is also very, very physically demanding 20km roundtrip and those who can not do a 20km walk that is uphill should think twice. Also, if you have fear of heights, this is not for you!!!! Some of the walks are very frightening and terrifying if you have vertigo or any fear of high places.