- 2013 New Year's Eve bonfire and firework tour in Reykjavik
- Travel around central Reykjavik on New Year's Eve with a local guide
- Celebrate the start of 2014 by visiting the most impressive bonfires in town
- Soak up the party atmosphere, seeing Reykjavik revelers celebrating the New Year
- Enjoy a coffee halfway through the tour and a glass of sparkling wine at midnight
- Watch the sky lit up with an extravagant fireworks bonanza at midnight
What You Can Expect
After seeing the city's roaring bonfires crackle and spit against the frosty buildings and dark night sky, visit one of the major bonfires with your guide. Having enjoyed the party atmosphere around the bonfire, visit a nearby hotel for a hot drink and warm your hands from the Icelandic cold.
While there are lots of small fireworks displays throughout the evening, Reykjavik’s New Year’s Eve crowd-puller is the fireworks extravaganza that starts around 11:30pm and lasts until well after midnight. Travel by minibus to one of the city’s finest viewpoints, and then countdown to midnight alongside the locals to see the city erupt in a dazzling fireworks display set against the backdrop of Reykjavik’s wintery streets.
Ring in the New Year with a glass of sparkling wine and celebrate the start of 2014 in Iceland’s capital. After enjoying the party for roughly an hour after midnight, your tour finishes. If your hotel is included in the drop-off service, head back to your minivan and finish your night with a drop off at your hotel.
What a great night we would never have seen what we saw if hadn't been on the trip - totally recommend it to anyone in Iceland on New Year's Eve
Mostly excellent except the coffee break at the Grand Hotel. There were too many people there, not enough seats, the coffee was cold and there were no cakes or nibbles as we were told there should be. The coach driver and tour guide were superb as were the fireworks.