- 1-hour guided tour around the Olgerdin Brewery in Reykjavik
- Learn about Iceland's prohibition years, and history of alcohol
- Sample famous Icelandic beers including Gull and Malt & Appelsin
- Enjoy a shot of Brennivin schnapps
- Try the beer subsitiute that was produced during prohibition
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected Reykjavik hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
While you sample classic Icelandic beers such as Gull and Malt & Appelsin, your expert guide will regale you with stories about Icelandic drinking culture through the ages. Learn about mead, a honey wine that was brewed by the Vikings, and down a shot of Brennivin schnapps, Iceland's signature liquor made from fermented potato mash and caraway seeds.
Iceland was one of many Nordic countries where alcohol prohibition was enforced in the early 1900s, and you'll hear plenty about this fascinating era on your Reykjavik brewery tour. Beer was totally banned in the country until as recently as 1989, but the Icelandic drinkers of the time created an interesting beer substitute that you can sample before your guided tour ends.
Not your regular brewery tour. This was highly entertaining along with plenty of drinks to sample. Excellent value for money.
Sylvia was wonderful. She had so much energy, and a great sense of humor. We also learned a lot about the history of prohibition, as well as the tasty beers they make at Olgerdin. Definitely worth it!