- 40-minute helicopter tour to Mt Esja from Reykjavik
- Gaze down at the unspoiled Icelandic scenery just north of Reykjavik
- Relax on the flight to Mt Esja, an impressive basalt mountain
- Touch down on the flat top of Mt Esja’s summit and soak up the views
- Pose for panoramic photos against a backdrop of coastal plains and volcanic hills
- Choose from a morning or afternoon helicopter tour
What You Can Expect
As the busy city sights slip from your view, Iceland’s unspoiled countryside takes center stage. Just north of the capital is the mighty Mt Esja, the 2,999-foot (914-meter) mountain that towers over the landscape. Gaze down at the basalt rock and minerals that comprise the mountain’s craggy face, and look out for hikers ambling along the snaking foot trails.
Circle around the attention-grabbing natural landmark, and then fly up to the top to touch down at the summit. Hop out of your helicopter and pose for incredible photos of the coastal plains and distant mountains set against the cityscape of Reykjavik.
After marveling at the views and chatting about the visible places of interest with your pilot, step back on board and fly back to the city. Your helicopter tour then finishes back at Reykjavik Domestic Airport.