- 1-hour puffin sightseeing cruise from Reykjavik Port
- See puffins and rare bird life in their natural habitat on a Reykjavik shore excursion
- Cruise from Reykjavik to Akurey Island aboard a state-of-the-art sightseeing boat
- Learn about the flora and fauna of Akurey Island from an expert guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
All went very smoothly and the operation is well organised. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable about all the seabirds and he and the skipper of the boat took time to paint the bigger picture as well as making sure that we saw as much as we wanted of the main attraction, the Puffins. Well worth the visit.
Seeing puffins was awesome! They are very cute little birds!
I would love the opportunity to do this again, when the puffins are all home. We only saw 4, and that was because we did the very first tour of the summer, May 1. I understand and do not discredit the planned tour at all. Just too early in the year. The tour team was knowledgeable and very nice.
Pretty tough to see puffins in any detail but the narrative and the narrator were informative and interesting.
Supposedly we went out on a calm day. Trip was quite scary. Boat was very small for 37 people. Life vests were available but not given out. People were terrified as boat rocked from side to side once we got our of the harbor. Some people got sick. Could not get very close to view puffins.