- 1-hour puffin sightseeing cruise from Reykjavik Port
- See puffins and rare bird life in their natural habitat on a Reykjavik shore excursion
- Cruise from Reykjavik to Akurey Island aboard a state-of-the-art sightseeing boat
- Learn about the flora and fauna of Akurey Island from an expert guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
As you near the island, cruise around it, admiring the hills and slopes while keeping an eye out for the colorful bird life that abounds. The shoreline is rocky, but your modern sightseeing boat is specially designed to get as close in as possible, enabling some of the best close-up views of puffins and other native seabirds; Northern Fulmars, Arctic Terns and Black Guillemots are just a few species that have made the island their home.
After circling Akurey Island, the captain of your boat will turn the engine off, allowing you to enjoy the peace and quiet of Iceland’s natural treasures. Pose for photos in front of a backdrop of rolling hills and get ready to capture pictures of seabirds nesting or diving into the sea for food. Help yourself to a fresh cup of coffee on board while admiring the views, and then return to Reykjavik Port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Reykjavik for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.