- Whale-watching shore excursion to Faxaflói Bay from Reykjavik Port
- See Icelandic marine life up close, like porpoises, white-beaked dolphins and humpback whales
- Learn about the different species of whales that frequent the waters around Faxaflói Bay
- Warm up with waterproof coveralls on the boat, if you wish
- Choose a 2.5- or 3.5-hour cruise at a time that suits your cruise schedule
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Listen to your guide explain the different species of whales that are found in Iceland, and hear captivating tales about encounters with these magnificent sea creatures, getting tips for the signs of life that you need to look out for. The waters around Faxaflói Bay are home to porpoises and white-beaked dolphins as well as whales, and the creatures often surface close to the boat; have your camera ready!
Since most of your whale-watching experience takes place out on deck, temperatures can be chilly. So warm yourself up by heading inside the boat’s luxurious viewing area where hot drinks and light refreshments can be found (own expense).
Your cruise has a 90 percent success rate for seeing whales, but in the unlikely event that you don’t see any your guide will give you a complimentary ticket for another boat ride.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Reykjavik Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
great trip got to see some minky and dolphins,my expectations were to high thought i would see a whale like in the trip photo,use their warm gear its brill we were like toast all day
Brilliant, the weather was kind to us and we saw two Minky Whales and also Dolphins, wrap up warm as it does get cold but a lovely trip.