- Reykjavik day trip to Gullfoss and Geysir
- Two tours in one: Reykjavik attractions and Iceland’s natural phenomena
- See top Reykjavik sights like Bessastadir, Perlan restaurant and Hofdi House
- Visit Gullfoss waterfall and the Geysir hot springs
- Hotel pickup included
What You Can Expect
Highlights of your morning include:
- The Presidential residence at Bessastadir home to Iceland's President.
- Visit the town of Hafnarfjordur, famous for having one of the largest settlements of mystical beings known as the "hidden folk".
- Restaurant Perlan is built on water tanks that hold the city's hot water supply. Enjoy the spectacular view over Reykjavik and its surroundings.
- Hofdi House where the all-important summit between President Ronald Reagan and Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev took place in 1986.
- Hallgrimskirkja church, one of the tallest structures in Iceland.
- Laugardalur's sport and recreation area, a geothermal heated outdoor swimming pool and sculptures crafted by Asmundur Sveinsson.
In the afternoon, your tour continues with the Gullfoss and Geysir Express half-day trip. The tour begins with a visit to Thingvellir, a geologically unique place where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. The Icelandic parliament Althingi was established here in 930, and in 2004 Thingvellir was added to UNESCO's World Heritage List.
You will also see the majestic and beautiful waterfall Gullfoss, the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. After a visit to the village of Hveragerdi, with its large greenhouses cultivating all manner of fruit, vegetables and flowers, the tour returns to the capital.
Lovely tour, cheerful guide and refreshing experience. This is the safest place in the world. We actual stood in front of the president's home. No security just the welcoming coastal waters welcoming you. Amazing!
It was a very informative tour of Reykjavik and attractions around the area. I found it to be very good for a our short stay in Iceland and it gives you a good impression of the main attractions of the city and its surroundings.