- Combined Viking horse ride and afternoon Gulfoss and Geysir Express tour
- One-hour horse-riding tour of the outskirts of Reykjavik
- Opportunity to ride an Icelandic horse, a breed that's unchanged since the 9th century and known for its docile good nature
- Pingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Charming village of Hveragerdi
- Kerid volcanic crater
- Gulfoss waterfall
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Traversé de rivièrePhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Riding on a rainy dayPhoto by: Erin S
- SunsetPhoto by: Philip M
United Kingdom, 01 2010
- HorsePhoto by: michaela
- Before our group split in twoPhoto by: Georgina H
- GulfossPhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Saddled up.Photo by: Charles C
- Mount upPhoto by: opalcutter
- Relief....Photo by: opalcutter
- Photo bombed by our Laxnes ...Photo by: teresa
- Golden CirclePhoto by: Asma O
- Horse Riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Horse riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Iceland beauties!Photo by: Michelle H
- Horses relaxing after ridePhoto by: judith m
- Sun coming up on the mountainsPhoto by: judith m
- Heading out on the horsesPhoto by: judith m
- SAM_4337Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4327Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4300Photo by: Suzy T
What You Can Expect
In the afternoon, your day's activities continue with the Gulfoss and Geysir Express half-day tour, to see Iceland's best known historical sites and natural phenomena. The tour begins with a visit to Thingvellir, a geologically unique place where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. The Icelandic parliament Alpingi was established here in 930, and in 2004 Thingvellir was added to UNESCO's World Heritage List.
You will also see the majestic and beautiful waterfall Gullfoss, the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. After a visit to the village of Hveragerdi, with its large greenhouses cultivating all manner of fruit, vegetables and flowers, the tour returns to the capital.
Great Trip. Much longer then we thought
Absolutely Amazing..... loved horse riding and I will return when I visit Iceland again next year. Would recommend for everyone!
This tour was the highlight of our time in Iceland. It is a very long day but everything is amazing. The viking horse riding was our favourite part. The horses are so cute and friendly and fun to ride. I am an experienced rider but my friend is not so it is great for all experience levels. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone!
Everybody on this tour was so nice! Riding the horses was easily my favorite experience in Iceland. We had a little over an hour after the horses and before the Geysir tour, and the lady at the ranch was so kind making sure we all stayed nice and warm. For a small price, soup and bread was provided while we waited. The Golden circle area was gorgeous as well - a completely different landscape.
The horses are great and the farm is really nice. They give you a warm outfit to wear in the cold. The rest of the tour was nice too.
Grateful that we opted for this tour and not the most popular Golden circle tour. Spent half a day horse back riding and enjoying lunch with the Laxnes family.
This was a wonderful tour both on the horse at Laxnes Stable and the Geysir /Gulfoss tour. All of our guides were experienced and really fun. The horse ride was amazing and the horses were gentle and very easy to handle. I would absolutely take this tour again.
Be more explicit in the info about the 2nd part of the tour.
I love horse back riding but haven't done it in years. This is an easy tour with great guides and the horses are tame and loveable. Would highly recommend.
Excellent! Horses are well taken care of. Great farm, staff was very helpful and friendly!