- Combined Viking horse ride and afternoon Gulfoss and Geysir Express tour
- One-hour horse-riding tour of the outskirts of Reykjavik
- Opportunity to ride an Icelandic horse, a breed that's unchanged since the 9th century and known for its docile good nature
- Pingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Charming village of Hveragerdi
- Kerid volcanic crater
- Gulfoss waterfall
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Traversé de rivièrePhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Riding on a rainy dayPhoto by: Erin S
- SunsetPhoto by: Philip M
United Kingdom, 01 2010
- GulfossPhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Saddled up.Photo by: Charles C
- Mount upPhoto by: opalcutter
- Relief....Photo by: opalcutter
- Photo bombed by our Laxnes ...Photo by: teresa
- Golden CirclePhoto by: Asma O
- Horse Riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Horse riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Iceland beauties!Photo by: Michelle H
- Horses relaxing after ridePhoto by: judith m
- Sun coming up on the mountainsPhoto by: judith m
- Heading out on the horsesPhoto by: judith m
- SAM_4337Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4327Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4300Photo by: Suzy T
- AfternoonPhoto by: lee h
- MorningPhoto by: lee h
What You Can Expect
In the afternoon, your day's activities continue with the Gulfoss and Geysir Express half-day tour, to see Iceland's best known historical sites and natural phenomena. The tour begins with a visit to Thingvellir, a geologically unique place where the American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. The Icelandic parliament Alpingi was established here in 930, and in 2004 Thingvellir was added to UNESCO's World Heritage List.
You will also see the majestic and beautiful waterfall Gullfoss, the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. After a visit to the village of Hveragerdi, with its large greenhouses cultivating all manner of fruit, vegetables and flowers, the tour returns to the capital.
The horses are great and the farm is really nice. They give you a warm outfit to wear in the cold. The rest of the tour was nice too.
Grateful that we opted for this tour and not the most popular Golden circle tour. Spent half a day horse back riding and enjoying lunch with the Laxnes family.
This was a wonderful tour both on the horse at Laxnes Stable and the Geysir /Gulfoss tour. All of our guides were experienced and really fun. The horse ride was amazing and the horses were gentle and very easy to handle. I would absolutely take this tour again.
Be more explicit in the info about the 2nd part of the tour.
I love horse back riding but haven't done it in years. This is an easy tour with great guides and the horses are tame and loveable. Would highly recommend.
Excellent! Horses are well taken care of. Great farm, staff was very helpful and friendly!
Great trip loved riding the ponies. The guide was thorough the bus was very nice. Plenty of time to see everything.
Sure, you can ride a horse anywhere, but there is something special about the Icelandic horse. I am so glad that I picked this tour! The family that runs the farm is outstanding and the location is stunning. I picked a fast horse and he galloped through the trails. It was one of the most thrilling things that I have done in a while. I will say, wear clothes that you really don't mind getting dirty. I was covered in mud after I got back. I stayed in a hostel in Reykjavik and had a hard time finding a place to do laundry. It was well worth it, though!
Really good! We even had special suit to protect ourselves against wind, rain and snow. The family who runs the horse riding centre is lovely and the landscape was really nice. We even galloped a little bit!
The horseback riding was a dream come true! The Viking horses are so friendly and lovable! The leads were so helpful. The countryside beautiful. The trip included lunch at the ranch. The food: soup, bread, and dessert are all homemade and delicious. We were promptly picked up by a coach bus and proceeded to the second half of the day to Gulfoss and Geyser. The tour guide gave us the history, culture and geological perspectives of the areas we visited. The entire 10 hour day was excellent from start to finish.