- Combined Viking horse ride and afternoon Gulfoss and Geysir Express tour
- One-hour horse-riding tour of the outskirts of Reykjavik
- Opportunity to ride an Icelandic horse, a breed that's unchanged since the 9th century and known for its docile good nature
- Pingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Gulfoss waterfall
- English-speaking tour guide
- Pick-up and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Traversé de rivièrePhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Riding on a rainy dayPhoto by: Erin S
- SunsetPhoto by: Philip M
United Kingdom, 01 2010
- HorsePhoto by: michaela
- Before our group split in twoPhoto by: Georgina H
- GulfossPhoto by: CLAIRE D
- Saddled up.Photo by: Charles C
- Mount upPhoto by: opalcutter
- Relief....Photo by: opalcutter
- Photo bombed by our Laxnes ...Photo by: teresa
- Golden CirclePhoto by: Asma O
- Horse Riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Horse riding in IcelandPhoto by: Asma O
- Iceland beauties!Photo by: Michelle H
- Horses relaxing after ridePhoto by: judith m
- Sun coming up on the mountainsPhoto by: judith m
- Heading out on the horsesPhoto by: judith m
- SAM_4337Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4327Photo by: Suzy T
- SAM_4300Photo by: Suzy T
What You Can Expect
Amazing! The staff was friendly, the horses were friendly, the scenery was BEAUTIFUL! I highly recommend this! One note on the soup and bread for purchase, bread is good but the soup is just a broth (no veggies or meat). Not the best option for food, but the only one they offer so pack a lunch.
We had a group of 7 riders. We all enjoyed this tour tremendously. The family-owned and operated horse farm was gracious in their service, and took us on a spectacular horse ride through the country side. We crossed over small rivers, and the horses were the best!! We enjoyed an amazing soup and bread lunch afterwards. The soup was made from scratch by the owner and was some of the best vegetable soup we have ever had. The whole experience was magical!
Great experience. I am not comfortable around horses but I loved it . Each rider got a horse to suit their comfort zone. Good way to see the countryside.
Very friendly people at the stable.
Fantastic experience for someone who has very little experience. Cannot fault anything. The team were so welcoming and the horses were so placid. The scenery was amazing and I was as warm as toast in the all in one suits provided. This was the highlight of my trip, highly recommended.
A really fun day and some beautiful sight seeing!
Great Trip. Much longer then we thought
Absolutely Amazing..... loved horse riding and I will return when I visit Iceland again next year. Would recommend for everyone!
This tour was the highlight of our time in Iceland. It is a very long day but everything is amazing. The viking horse riding was our favourite part. The horses are so cute and friendly and fun to ride. I am an experienced rider but my friend is not so it is great for all experience levels. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone!
Everybody on this tour was so nice! Riding the horses was easily my favorite experience in Iceland. We had a little over an hour after the horses and before the Geysir tour, and the lady at the ranch was so kind making sure we all stayed nice and warm. For a small price, soup and bread was provided while we waited. The Golden circle area was gorgeous as well - a completely different landscape.
The horses are great and the farm is really nice. They give you a warm outfit to wear in the cold. The rest of the tour was nice too.