- Private excursion to the Valley of the Butterflies in Rhodes
- Explore with a private guide and learn about the reserve's different subspecies of tiger moths
- Have your camera ready to capture photos of some of Rhodes' colorful butterflies
- Learn about the butterflies and features of the environment that help them thrive, from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit the on-site Museum of Natural History to learn more about the island’s butterflies
- Enjoy a flexible start time plus a hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Pay your entrance fee at the nature reserve’s entrance, and then enjoy approximately 45 minutes to explore with your guide. The outdoor site is spread around the Pelekanos River and is made up of a tranquil forest, punctuated with streams and gushing waterfalls. Learn of the rare Oriental Sweetgum trees that grow in the reserve, and have your camera ready to capture sights of the park’s vibrantly colored butterflies fluttering around you.
Hear all about the different subspecies of tiger moths that the park is famous for, and discover how their surroundings inside the nature reserve help them to thrive .If time permits, pay a visit to the on-site Museum of Natural History to learn more about the environment and ecosystems on the island. A meal stop is not included, but if you wish to purchase food or drinks at your own expense, you can do so from the on-site restaurant.
After exploring the Valley of the Butterflies, return to your minivan and travel back to your hotel where your tour finishes.