- Full-day Rhodes shore excursion to Lindos and Rhodes Old Town, led by a private guide
- Walk around Lindos Acropolis and marvel at its ruins on a walking tour
- Have your camera ready to capture incredible views over the Bay of St Paul and discover the ruins of a Byzantine fortress
- Explore Rhodes Old Town and the intriguing Acropolis of Rhodes
- See top Old Town attractions including the Street of Knights and city gates of Porte d'Amboise
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Lindos’ pretty streets are fringed by the sugar cube houses found on many a Greek island, but it’s the magnificent 4,000-year-old acropolis that gives the village its star appeal. Work your way up Lindos’ gently winding cobblestone streets, and head inside the acropolis to explore with your guide (own expense). Have your camera ready to capture sights of the ruined Byzantine fortress and an Ancient Greek temple, and gaze down at the sweeping Bay of St Paul.
After discovering the delights of Lindos Acropolis, make your way back into the village to visit one of its picturesque churches. Then, leave Lindos and travel to the nearby village of Haraki for a leisurely Greek lunch at your own expense. Feeling refreshed, return to your minivan and travel along the coast to Rhodes Old Town.
Your next stop in the afternoon is at the Acropolis of Rhodes, one of the few acropoleis without fortifications. Stroll around the site’s Hellenistic monuments, admiring the ruins of a stadium, the Temple of Apollo and more. Continue with a drive along the old city walls to Porte d’Amboise, and then stretch your legs on a walking tour around the Old Town.
Stroll down the Street of the Knights, admiring its medieval buildings with their impressive facades, and stop for photos by the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own — perhaps visiting the palace and its museum at your own expense — and then meet your guide to travel back to your ship. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the Port of Rhodes.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Rhodes for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.