- Corcovado hiking tour in Rio de Janeiro with an experienced guide
- Take a 2.5-hour hike from Parque Lage, at the base of Corcovado, to the mountain’s peak
- Enjoy the sights of the lush rainforest on your way up
- Be awed by the fabulous mountaintop views of Rio and its surrounds
- See the Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) statue up close
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Tour is limited to 20 people, ensuring a small-group atmosphere
What You Can Expect
Your starting point is Parque Lage, a public park where you’ll see 100-year-old palm trees and the old 1920s Italianate mansion that now houses an art school. Start ascending the mountain with your guide, walking through the lush coastal rainforest. After approximately 2.5 hours (including breaks along the way), you’ll reach the top of Corcovado Mountain -- at an elevation of 2,330 feet (710 meters) -- where the views of Rio and its surrounds will take your breath away (if you have any left!).
From the mountaintop, get an up-close look at the Christ the Redeemer statue, snap photos of the stunning panoramas of Guanabara Bay, and sit down and give your legs a much-deserved rest. You’ll make your way back down the trail to where you began your hike at Parque Lage then be dropped off back at your Rio hotel.