Take an afternoon sightseeing tour of Old Rio on foot, and get a feeling for the legends and history woven around the narrow streets and superb baroque buildings of downtown Rio de Janeiro. While you walk, your knowledgeable and entertaining guide will bring the city and its stories alive.
- Get a feel for the best of Rio with a 4-hour guided walking tour
- Navigate the narrow streets and appreciate the historic Architecture around Rio de Janeiro
- Discover Rio's famous sites including Sao Bento Monastery and the Imperial Palace
- Roundtrip transfers from Rio de Janeiro hotels included
Recent Photos of this Tour
You'll gain unforgettable insights into Rio and its history on this four-hour afternoon walking tour, visiting the following highlights:
- Sao Bento Monastery, dripping with gilt carvings and paintings
- Nossa Senhora de Candelaria, Rio's most impressive church
- Praca XV de Novembro, the square where many important events in Rio de Janeiro's history took place, such as the coronation of Brazil's emperors
- Imperial Palace, built in the style of a Portuguese manor house for Brazil's rulers
The walk continues down Uruguaiana Street to Carioca Square and the Metropolitan Cathedral, where your afternoon walking tour of Old Rio's historic sites concludes. This afternoon walking tour takes you behind the scenes of Rio's famous sights, leaving you with time in the day free to explore Rio on your own.
Reviewed by Richard G, March 2013
We had an invigorating tour with our guide John the Baptist. Highly recommend this walk for those interested in the history of Rio de Janeiro -- as well as good exercise. Get off the beach and see the real Rio and learn about its architecture and history.
Reviewed by JOHN R, USA, February 2013
Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide, JB. Saw and toured the important sites of the city and learned its history.