Save up to 8% when you book these popular tours together!
- Exclusive Rio de Janeiro Super Saver, combining a sightseeing experience with a helicopter ride
- See downtown attractions such as the Metropolitan Cathedral and Cinelandia Square
- Ride the cable car to the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain to enjoy views of Copacabana Beach and Guanabara Bay
- Take an 11-minute helicopter flight over Rio landmarks like Maracanã Stadium and Ipanema Beach
- Fly around the statue of Christ the Redeemer on top of Corcovado
- Save over 8 percent by booking this Super Saver compared to purchasing two tours separately
- Enjoy an exclusive sightseeing combination tour that's available nowhere else
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After your morning pickup, your Rio Super Saver starts with a tour of downtown, during which you'll pass by the legendary Sambadrome, where samba dancers perform during Carnival. Then, enjoy a brief stop at the Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana), known for its pyramid shape, which you can admire from both the inside and outside.
Next, visit Cinelandia Square to see its historical buildings (the Municipal Theater, the National Library and the National Museum of Fine Arts), and then go to the Urca neighborhood to board the cable car for your ride up Sugar Loaf Mountain (Pão de Açúcar).
During the climb, stop briefly at a 700-foot (215-meter) lookout point for photo opportunities of the views that stretch from Guanabara Bay to the Rio-Niteroi Bridge and Rio’s other famous mountain: Corcovado. Then, hop back in the cable car to finish your ride to the summit of Sugar Loaf. From here, gaze in amazement at the spectacular view of the city, and catch sight of Copacabana Beach and Santa Cruz Fortress.
Ride the cable car back down the mountain, and then head to a local seafood restaurant for your sit-down lunch.
Rio de Janeiro Helicopter Tour (1 hour):
Your helicopter experience begins with the ride to the helipad, where you’ll be given a safety briefing before boarding the helicopter. Then take to the skies with your experienced pilot!
The 11-minute flight takes in several of Rio’s top sights, including Maracanã Stadium (or Estádio do Maracanã, built for the 1950 World Cup and renovated for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics), the golden beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana, Guanabara Bay and Rodrigo de Freitas Lake.
Then fly over Rio’s crown jewel — the statue of Christ the Redeemer (Cristo Redentor) at the top of Corcovado. Enjoy photo opportunities from every angle of this iconic Rio landmark, which stands at an elevation of 2,300 feet (700 meters). The statue — built in the 1930s — boasts a height of 98 feet (30 meters) and a wingspan of 92 feet (28 meters) and is listed as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
After landing back at the helipad, you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.